Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open Medical Editor Jobs in Boston, MA
Roles to Play
- Grammar guru: Proofreads and copyedits copy decks, layouts, slide sets, etc to AMA style and/or client-specific guidelines; offers rewrite suggestions to copywriters for approval as needed; strong familiarity with science and medical terminology
- Copy chief: Maintains updates to copy decks at every round, including once copy is placed into layout; ensures copy continuity throughout project lifespan; conducts double-reads before project close
- Process pro: Creates a seamless, cross-functional routing/review protocol for agency, in collaboration with traffic manager; implements useful editorial resources; assists creative, account, and new business teams with projects as needed; seeks out learning opportunities to improve skills
- Brand brain: Takes ownership of brand accounts; creates and maintains brand-specific style guides, master reference lists and binders, message maps, and reference databases for ease-of-use by all team members
- Fact fiend: Verifies data and facts used to support claims, ensures medical accuracy; understands the structure and purpose of peer-reviewed articles, book chapters, and package inserts/product guides; annotates pieces and references for client reviews/regulatory submissions
- Hunter-gatherer: Retrieves journal articles, posters, books, package inserts/product guides, and other support material and houses them internally in an organized and easily accessed manner
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Passion for writing and language
- A basic understanding of logo/design style guides
- Efficient and accurate while deadline-driven
- Self-sufficient work ethic, with a team focus
- BA in English, journalism, communications, or equivalent education
- 5+ years of professional experience as an editor and fact-checker
- Familiarity with AMA Manual of Style editing guidelines
- Medical device/healthcare marketing and advertising experience required
No phone calls please
About LehmanMillet, Inc.:
LehmanMillet is a medical communications firm dedicated to the device, diagnostic and specialty pharmaceutical sectors.
Over the past 30 years we have developed a unique blend of strategy, creativity and scientific knowledge that has supported our clients' drive to change standard of care and accelerate product adoption. We are uniquely adept at developing corporate and product brand programs as well as medical communication initiatives.
Our implementation experience spans the spectrum from sales support and tradeshows to online campaigns and print as well as everything in between.
Posted 4 years ago
Browse Medical Editor jobs in Boston, Massachusetts: