We are currently recruiting for certified teachers to provide online instruction to students across the country on a part-time afterschool basis. Instructors will deliver reading and/or math services from their home at least 6-12 hours per week and must have availability between 4:30pm and 9pm PST. Some Saturday morning sessions will also be available. Training provided on our easy-to-follow curriculum.RESPONSIBILITIES:
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Actively engage students in curriculum through online classroom
- Actively teach each scheduled session in its entirety and perform administrative duties as needed
- Maintains a positive attitude and demonstrates enthusiasm during their engagement with students and co-workers
- Administers assessments to students according to and within prescribed time guidelines
- Completes all required documentation to monitor and assess student performance
- Actively and effectively encourage student attendance
- Active and valid teaching certificate
- Availability from 4:30pm-9pmfor 12 hours per week
- Instruct 3rd through 12th grade students in reading and math
- Fingerprinting and Background Check will be required at no cost to the employee
- Personal computer must meet Learn It’s technical requirements:
- 1 Ghz processor or greater with 512MB or more system memory
- 20 GB available HD disk space
- A headset with a microphone
- Broadband internet with minimum 384k connection speed
- Windows XP, Vista, or Windows 7 operating system
- Experience working with at risk students and struggling learners preferred
Learn It will provide you with extensive training prior to the start of the program. Compensation is a base rate of $8 per hour with an additional $2.50 per student attending the session. Student to teacher ratio is about 4:1 but can go up to 6:1. We are also looking for substitutes, the pay rate increases to $10 per hour in addition to the $2.50 per student rate. We are looking for teachers who can commit to teaching two schedules which would be 12 hours per week. Schedules consist of 2 hour long sessions that meet 3 times per week.
About Learn It Specialized Services:
Learn It is an educational organization dedicated to ensuring every student succeeds in school and life by delivering fresh, practical programs to support improved school performance.
Through academic, enrichment, and special education solutions, our team of education professionals works to create exceptional learning experiences for children inside and outside of the classroom.