Posted 1 year ago in Supply Chain/Logistics
Position Summary: Supply Chain Project Manager will be accountable and responsible for providing cross functional direction, communication, and support throughout the organization for this consumer packaged goods manufacturer, while establishing, maximizing and managing packaging schedules and efficiencies, and customer service levels
• Oversees the Project Management of the company’s new products, change control, cost improvements and brand re-staging to ensure that projects are completed on a timely basis as well as on budgeted costs.
• Directs a cross functional team of marketing, production, quality, regulatory, accounting and supply chain personnel to ensure the timely completion of projects including New Products, Change Control, Cost Improvement, and Brand Re-stage. Communicates timelines and expectations.
• Serves as a liaison between Supply Chain and other corporate functions to support global, regional, and market product launch activities.
• Creates and prioritizes scheduling for the Packaging Departments utilizing ERP/MRP systems.
• Monitors packaging work orders to ensure that work orders are completed and closed out in a timely manner.
• Communicates and interfaces with Director of Production, Director of Quality, and Senior Supervisor - Packaging as necessary to coordinate packaging schedules.
• Manages the planning and purchasing of packaging materials and certain bulk products used for finished goods to ensure total costs, inventory levels, and delivery schedules are optimized.
• Serves as primary point of contact for day-to-day decision making and elevation/resolution of issues relating to scheduling of all packaging lines.
• Works closely with Supply Chain and Quality Assurance to obtain timely releases of materials required for production.
• Assures compliance by following Food and Drug Administration's Good Manufacturing Practices (FDA cGMPs) as well as other regulatory standards as required by the department.
Experience and Skills:
• Three to five years experience in supply chain planning & execution (S&OP), inventory management, planning and production scheduling, manufacturing/packaging operations and logistics/distribution preferably within the pharmaceutical/nutraceutical manufacturing industry.
• Manufacturing operations, specifically focusing on packaging operations, preferably with high volume Consumer Goods experience
• Project management experience
• Strong computer skills ( ERP/MRP systems, MS Word, Excel (advanced), Outlook and PowerPoint).
• Strong communication skils, written and verbal.
• Strong organizational, multi-tasking abilities, and detail and deadline orientation.
Education and Certifications:
Company provides comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, matching 401k, paid time off and MORE!!!
Established multi-billion USD global manufacturer of OTC products (primarily solid dose) with over 25000 skus under many brands geared to health and wellness products. Headquartered in Long Island, NY, the company has manufacturing,
packaging, warehouse, distribution and administration facilities throughout the United States and Canada, as well as overseas offices in the UK, China, Spain and more!
Browse supply chain project manager jobs in suffolk:
Riverhead Building Supply Corporation - Calverton, NY
Posted yesterday on the web
Zebra - Holtsville, NY
Posted 15 days ago on Beyond
NBTY - HOLBROOK, NY
Posted 7 months ago on the web