Engineer Packaging Development
• BS or MS in Mechanical, Package or Chemical Engineering, or equivalent degree.
• Minimum of 2 years of package development experience required, ideally with consumer products companies.
• Knowledge of packaging components and properties such as; pumps, closures, bottles, tubes, flexible films and lamination, paperboard (folding cartons, cards, labels) plastic processing (injection and extrusion blow molding and cast and blown films
• Experience with standard test methods as ASTM, GMPs OTC test and protocols.
• Manage assigned Package Development projects, working with Brand and project teams, to meet category objectives and project ship to trade dates.
• Hold discussions during product team meetings, communicate technical issues and details to the project team and management.
• Provide packaging options. Develop, engineer, and test packaging components and modify as necessary to meet: consumer requirements, functional parameters, cost targets, manufacturing & shipping requirements.
• Provide technical input to package design process and assure package designed for manufacturing acceptability, while realizing desirable aesthetic elements.
• Execute new package designs and perform package component testing and qualification, working with suppliers, from engineering prints to making models & prototypes, through to unit and production tooling.
• Work effectively with Package Engineering, Suppliers, and Manufacturing to assure the creation of timely functional specifications.
• Write specifications in EPC specification data base system.
About leading consumer goods company:
The company is a billion dollar manufacturer of reusable consumer goods and personal care products. The product line is very stable and reusable is a key word because that means that the company's products stay in the household longer than most consumer products resulting in brand loyalty and repurchase. The product is manufactured & assembled in high volume FDA regulated environment.