Unique Opportunity with a Very Stable, Industry Leading NJ Based Firm.
Very Bright team and Terrific Working Atmosphere (company is heavily into keeping up with the latest and greatest: updates/upgrades/additions to the zOS).
*Please note this is an On-Site Position located in New Jersey, Relocation assistance is offered*
- Experience Working as a zOS Systems Programmer with a focus on supporting a Coding/Development Environment/Coding Development Team is preferred.
- Experience working in a similar role where you are the Key-go-to-point person for everything related to the zOS is preferred (should be familiar with most of the following: maximizing/normalizing DASD for tape backups and related DR planning, installing/creating parallel LPARs, Linux on zOS, DB2 setup and installation, JCL, communication and network connectivity, remote user support and high availability access, coding/modifying Assembly language based functions, exits and jobs)
- Experience working in a similar role where you are tasked with zOS configuration, re-configuration and testing of various Mainframe focused (zOS and MVS) Enterprise Software (including SW utilities for backup, storage, performance, database, network connectivity.
- Must have very strong documentation and verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with most of the following are PLUSES: using Source Code Control or Configuration Management Software, VM, VSE, MVS, JES, WLM, Assembly Language coding and experience working in a similar role with heavy 'technical user' support and 'technical user' communication/coordination for various projects and special requests; Assembler Coding and/or Unix/Linux Bsh Scripting Skills are also big pluses
A College Degree in Computer Science is Preferred
Excellent Compensation and Benefits, Relocation Assistance is Offered.
Please Apply for More Information.