Your feedback helps keep ZipRecruiter safe.
Learn more about how to recognize common online scams
LaserShip is an e-commerce parcel carrier that provides delivery solutions for shippers that desire reduced transit times and increased flexibility within their supply chain. Founded in 1986, LaserShip has evolved into the leading provider of same-day and next-day delivery services for e-commerce and product- supply businesses, including five of the largest e-retailers in the U.S. LaserShip, with over 60 offices in 20 states, is the leading east coast provider of e-commerce delivery services.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Recruiting Manager is responsible for a focused range of subjects related to
the sourcing, recruitment and retention of independent contractors (ICs), analyzing IC recruiting results, and planning and tracking existing IC recruiting and retention programs identified as priority projects by the Director of Delivery Resources.
His/her principal areas of responsibilities are 1) Working with Dir. of Delivery Resources to create plan, budget and execute a focused IC recruiting strategy to support future expansion projects; 2) Managing a small team of field recruiters; 3) Analyzing the results of existing recruiting initiatives; 4) Identification and implementation of new IC Acquisition programs.
This individual will be a key contributor on a team of IC Recruiting and onboarding specialists positioned on the Delivery Resources team. This role serves the primary function of managing the acquisition of Independent Contractor relationships, adhering to the regulatory compliance of the IC business model and the development of enhancements to the company’s IC programs.
Recruiting and Retention:
• Work with Director of Delivery Resources to prioritize IC needs for expansion and peak season growth.
• Identify, communicate, and implement programs to ensure recruitment and retention
• Work with the entire Branch Operations organization to anticipate, identify,
communicate and implement processes related to the onboarding of Independent Contractors
• Improve the way LaserShip tracks and analyzes Independent Contractor sourcing and recruiting efforts.
• Stay abreast of industry, legal and regulatory changes
• Identify long-term projects and near-term initiatives related to peak season and expansion recruiting
• Initiate outreach to outside business partners interested in partnering with LaserShip for IC recruiting
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS
• Minimum of 2 years of hands-on experience in an environment related to on-demand or Independent Contractor workers
• Minimum 4 years experience in recruiting, staffing and management
• Prior involvement in a transportation/logistics, or on-demand tech company is desirable.
• Experience with a company with IC representation at multiple locations throughout
the eastern half of the U.S.
• Demonstrated knowledge of State and Federal applicable laws and regulations related
the IC model.
• Track record of creating and implementing programs that attract, motivate, and retain
a large and high-performing IC population.
• Understands and adapts well to a fluid business plan in a fast-paced environment that
impacts IC recruiting geographies and numbers.
• Possesses strong conceptual problem-solving, budgeting, and analytical skills, and the
ability to execute at the tactical level.
A bachelor’s degree in business, human resources, or a relevant field is preferred.
• An approachable and team-oriented professional with strong ability to drive
collaboration and achieve meaningful and sustainable results.
• Ability to receive direction and communicate and lead team to execute on plan.
• Aptitude to quickly adapt and learn in a new environment.
• A self-starter who works with minimum direction.
• Entrepreneurial, with an understanding of the dynamics of high-growth companies
and the ability to work in a rapidly changing environment.
• Strong business acumen and an in-depth understanding of the service and financial
implications of business decisions.
• Analytical skills and ability to apply analytical rigor to new initiatives
• Demonstrated perseverance and an ability to move forward in the face of obstacles.
• Comfortable with Microsoft suite of tools and Microsoft Teams collaboration
• Motivated self-starter and truly relentless.
• A hands-on individual who leads by example, works diligently, concentrates on what
is important, always acting in a manner that encourages and motivates others to do
• Track record of successfully working in operationally nimble and fluid environments.
• Extreme attention to detail and meticulous in their work
• An individual of unquestionable integrity, credibility and character who has
demonstrated high moral and ethical behavior. Is respectful of all.
• Up to 25% travel possible.
This is an excellent opportunity for a front-line manager or recent college grad to join an organization that is experiencing tremendous growth.
Posted date: 6 days ago