Director of Development – Senior Living Division
Benefits OfferedLife, Dental, Medical, 401K, Vision
LandSouth Construction is a leading multi-family construction company based in Jacksonville, FL. We are seeking a seasoned, dynamic individual to spearhead our newest division – Senior Living. We are currently seeking a Director of Development for our Senior Living Division with an entrepreneurial spirit that has proven experience generating prospective client leads, developing strong relationships, managing pre-construction activities and establishing commitments to LandSouth Construction. This position is based out of our Jacksonville, FL office.
- Create strategic development plans to discover, attract and build new profitable business for our Senior Living division
- Identify prospective clients through research, phone calls, networking, industry trade shows and face-to-face meetings
- Perform market research and analysis to determine opportunities in the market
- Manage all divisional pre-construction activities
- Prepare proposals, presentations and prospect communication as required
- Carefully review construction documents and contracts.
- Manage the estimating process in order to meet client goals.
- Skillfully negotiate equitable and profitable contracts with clients and stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain long-lasting client and subcontractor relationships
- Responsible for cost management across the department
- Oversees development and ongoing monitoring of P&L for each project. Will partner with Project Manager to ensure budget is being maintained.
- Provide leadership and management direction for Senior Living division team
- Work directly with Marketing and Estimating department
- Minimum of 10 years working in the Senior Living housing industry
- Minimum of 10 years Business Development experience
- Senior level Management experience required
- Complex, relationship-based business development experience
- Marketing experience preferred
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- In-depth knowledge of senior housing product and operations
- In-depth understanding of construction means and methods and the development process
- Excellent relational skills with a wide range of people
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset and self-starter
- High level problem solving and decision making skills
- Sophisticated financial acumen
- Highly developed planning and organizational skills
- Highly developed communication skills, including public speaking
- Analysis, problem solving, innovation skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and meet multiple deadlines
- Ability to follow through on projects or to initiate follow-through as needed
- Ability to work well with people
TRAVEL FREQUENCY: Up to 50% travel required.
About LandSouth Construction:
LandSouth Construction is the Southeast’s premier builder of multifamily developments. Founded in 1998 by James Pyle, the company was fueled by a desire to create a new standard of excellence in multifamily construction. Having completed over 10,000 units throughout Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee, we remain dedicated to excellence—delivering projects of the highest quality on time and on budget.
We attribute success to accessible, hands-on leadership, attentive personal service, a passion for detail and our trusted relationships with developers throughout the Southeast. We understand multifamily development in a way that most general contractors simply do not, allowing us to better anticipate challenges and proactively manage them.
Other applicants: 20+
20+ other people applied to this job.
Posted date: 13 days ago