Director of Engineering – Material Handling Equipment
Seeking an experienced leader in the field of product development to going this growing company. In this role you will lead the engineering team of 30 including 3 direct reports to continue the company’s strong tradition of producing the best material handling equipment in the industry. This position features a tremendous opportunity for future career growth to well qualified individuals.
We are looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic, and self-motivated individual that will provide strategic leadership in the engineering field, and assume the responsibility of developing and executing engineering product road maps by leveraging technologies, state of the art design practices, and developing team members. The selected candidate will ensure timely completion of project deliverables while providing engineering support to sales, customers and operational personnel. This is a key leadership position, and will work with all facets of the organization.
The Ideal Director of Engineering will:
- Bachelors Degree in appropriate technical discipline such as Mechanical or Electrical Engineering is required.
- Preferred qualification: Masters of Business Administration.
- 10 – 15 years of experience leading a technical function, with at least 5 years of responsibility developing a total solution and interfacing with other key business functions within an organization.
- Experience in material handling and/ or working with vehicle propulsion systems is required.
- The ability to lead diverse internal and external teams.
- Collaborate as a member of division leadership team to develop the Long Range Plan.
- Must have strong listening skills, persuasion, presentation and project management skills with the ability to prioritize and follow up.
- Support the development team, sales and service organizations by providing detailed expert advice of features and requirements across customer segments.
- Direct multiple engineering disciplines toward the on time/within budget completion of complex development projects. Ensure timely delivery of high quality products.
In addition to a comprehensive benefits package you will be rewarded with a handsome base plus bonus package and a tremendous opportunity for career growth.