The Primary Purpose of the Shift Supervisor is to supervise and utilize available resources (staff and equipment) to move produce in the safest and most cost effective manner to meet or exceed customer expectations and to achieve company goals.
Shift-Hours: Variable – rotating shifts and extended hours.
Important Note: Position relocates to Holtville for 4 months each year.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Supervise and coordinate all activities of dock workers and other support staff engaged in the loading and unloading of product.
- Prepare and plan daily utilization of resources to ensure a consistent and efficient operation.
- Coordinate work assignments, monitor employee performance and provide training on job duties, company policies and procedures.
- Supervise and observe the loading of trucks to determine conformance to loading patterns to prevent damage to product during transit and that the safe operation of the truck will not be jeopardized.
- Administer and support safety and health programs to ensure a safe work place and to be in compliance with government regulations. Foster an environment where the importance of worker and food safety is based on proper safe handling and loading of product including maintaining cold chain integrity.
- Utilize work method programs for training and education to motivate employees to improve performance and quality of work. Develop improved performance of employees through feedback and coaching.
- Complete necessary paperwork accurately and in a timely manner to ensure an efficient and steady flow of information.
- Ability to work rotating schedules and travel to Holtville for four months out of the year (Housing is provided).
- Other duties may be assigned as needed
- Bilingual English/Spanish. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Able to write routine reports and correspondence, effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Must be computer literate. Intermediate level Microsoft Excel skills required. Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Word required.
- Effective organizational, planning and prioritization skills.
- Ability to speak, write and read English.
- Demonstrated ability to operate basic office machines and the Company's system.
- Must have: Verbal and written communication skills; personal integrity; flexibility; dependability; ability to work within policy guidelines and to work independently; knowledge of Inventory Management, and Warehousing.
- Forklift operation certification
- Experience: Related work experience may consist of working in a manufacturing environment in a lead capacity in inventory management, warehouse operations, or shipping/receiving operation. Must have prior knowledge of proper freight handling/loading techniques.
About Lakeside Organic Gardens:
Welcome to Lakeside Organic Gardens
At Lakeside Organic Gardens, we are 100% committed to organic farming, our customers, food safety, our community, our land, our employees, and our country. Our sole grower and owner, Dick Peixoto, personally walks his fields and cooler every day.
100% Family Owned
The Peixoto family began farming in the Pajaro Valley of California in the late 1800's and perfected conventional growing throughout the 1900's. As their passions for harvesting the riches of the soil grew and evolved, the family made a committed decision to convert all their farms to 100% organic. Lakeside Organic Gardens was launched by Dick Peixoto and his extended family in 1996. Today, our company is still family-owned and operated with more than 10 family members on our team!