Part-Time Retail Clerk
Mt. Clemens, MI
LaJoy Group is currently seeking a Part-Time Retail Clerk to fill an opening in the Mt. Clemens, MI area at the Aunt Millie's Bakeries Outlet Store. This position requires a personable candidate who is able to multi-task, provide excellent customer service and work hard to ensure stock is properly placed on the sales floor in a timely fashion.
Responsibilities of the Part-Time Retail Clerk:
- More than 50% of time will be spent in the back room to break down returned product pallets, audit and sort stale inventory.
- Learn and familiarize self with product knowledge.
- Bring product from loading dock area onto the thrift store floor.
- Rotate and stock product to ensure shelf space is properly filled.
- Price product.
- Handle monetary transactions while operating cash register.
- Interact, communicate and make suggestions to customers on a daily basis.
- Maintain an organized and orderly work environment both on the sales floor and in the back room.
- Perform opening and closing store duties, operational duties including cleaning.
Requirements of the Part-Time Retail Clerk:
- Ability to work independently or in a team setting.
- Good communication and organizational skills..
- Ability to multi-task job duties between sales floor and back stock.
- Excellent attendance record.
- Must be a self-starter and possess a strong work ethic.
- Basic math skills to accurately count product and operate register.
- Provide outstanding customer service and rapport.
- Valid drivers license, insurance and clean driving record.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
Compensation for the Part-Time Retail Clerk:
- Starting salary for this position is $9.75 per hour.
Schedule for the Part-Time Retail Clerk:
Candidate must have the following open availability:
- M-F 9:30AM-6:00PM
- Sat: 9:30AM-5:00PM
- Sun: 10:00AM- 3:00PM
- Averaging 20-25 hours a week
This job requires (or may require) a criminal background check. Convictions and pending felony charges are not an absolute bar to employment and will only be considered if required by law or there is a substantial relationship to the circumstances of the particular job or if bondability is at issue .
LaJoy Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer