“Winning team, record sales and profit year-after-year. Our business model and family/team culture set us apart from others.”
Job Description/Purpose: A warehouse role is vital to the success of the Profit Center (PC) team, as our products flow through the warehouse. The warehouse person receives, cuts, routes, fabricates, stores, and distributes materials, tools, equipment, and products within establishments. The warehouse person is the final “quality check,” being the last set of eyes that see the product prior to shipping to customers. This position also is key in verifying that the material we receive from our suppliers meet our rigid quality standards.
• As a representative of the company, you must always exude our core values of honesty, integrity, hard work, continuous self-improvement, and one that thrives on empowerment.
• This position requires an individual that doesn’t compromise on safety or quality.
• Our business model requires that the right person is very team-oriented.
• Being “hungry” to be an integral part of a winning team.
• Safely and effectively drives forklift, operates saws, routers and other equipment as needed.
• Reconciles inventory and maintain accurate inventory records.
• Greets and assists visitors in a friendly, helpful manner.
• Reads production schedule, customer order, work order, shipping order, or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
• Conveys materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas.
• Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
• Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves, or conveys orders to packing and shipping area.
• Marks materials with identifying information.
• Opens pallets, crates, and other containers to verify the accuracy of materials received.
• Records amounts of materials or items received or distributed.
• Weighs or counts items for distribution to ensure conformance to company standards.
• Uses computer to enter records.
• Compiles worksheets or tickets from customer specifications.
• Prepares all pallets and parcels for mailing and shipping.
• Other duties as required.
Essential knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience:
• Analytical - Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
• Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs.
• Oral Communication - Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
• Team Work - Puts success of team above own interests.
• Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
• Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
• Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
• Judgment - Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
• Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
• Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
About Laird Plastics:
North American Plastics consists of 13 separate brands, which provide comprehensive supply chain coordination to the industry's leading manufacturers, distributing plastic sheets, rods and films through our 88+ locations. We are a company grounded in our core values of honesty, integrity, empowerment, hard work and continuous improvement. The important thing is to mean and embrace those words, to “walk the talk” – and we do. Our vision is to extend the reach and value of plastics as the world’s most respected and successful distributor. Plastics move the world, enhancing the lifestyle we have come to enjoy in our society. North American Plastics is proud to play such an important role in helping to make our world a better place.