We are seeking a highly talented and experienced event tent field crew leader ready to join our growing team. This is a hands-on, challenging, and fast-paced position with bonus upside for highly exceptional performance. The candidate must be self-motivated, independent, and able to handle multiple priorities. Extended travel of up to one month may be required.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• By being onsite and present, manage the planning and coordination of all work activities according to client guidelines and company policies
• Assist field crews in the install of tents and related equipment which will include lifting 50 to 75 lbs regularly and operating heavy machinery
• Monitor and review work performance and productivity of employees and subcontractors to ensure project plans and schedule are followed and project is executed effectively, safely, and within budget
• Oversee implementation of safety program that creates a safe and health work environment through the job site and adheres to OSHA safety and government record keeping requirements
• Advise senior level management of potential problems, or scheduling difficulties, seek solutions to circumvent or mitigate such conflicts.
• Inspect tent materials on install and uninstall and report any repair requests to office management
• Interface with client and program officials to ensure compliance to intent and owner satisfaction
• Comply and complete all governmental, internal and external record keeping requirements
• Use current project management system to perform record-keeping tasks including, composing daily diaries, maintaining project logs and retrieving RFIs, submittal logs and agreements
• Develop and implement improvements to best-known means and methods
• 3+ years experience in project management in the event industry
• Excellent leadership, problem solving, team development, and critical thinking skills
• Superior interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism, and cooperative attitude
• High level of integrity with strong emphasis on making and meeting commitments
• High sense of urgency with the ability to delegate and prioritize to meet required deadlines
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Capable to employ smart phone/tablet and associated apps and software
• Must pass a pre-employment State and Federal criminal history/security background check and a drug screen
• Must possess a valid driver's license and clean driving record and required auto insurance
• OSHA 10 certification within 90 days of start date
• Additional compensation offered to candidates with a Class A CDL License (preferred)
• Experience in operating heavy machinery such as a forklift and Bobcat (preferred)
• Regularly lift and move 50 to 75 lbs
• Regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls
• Occasionally required to walk; sit; reach above shoulders; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and use foot/feet to operate machine
• Must be able to work a very flexible schedule (up to 40 to 70 hours per week during peak season) including some nights and weekends
When you join Lafayette Tents & Events, you join a growing, highly-respected event tent rental company. Our company strives to provide high quality customer service to a diverse group of long-standing customers including concerts, trade shows, state & county fairs, disaster relief, and temporary military housing. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility, and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity, and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
• 3 years in event industry (preferred)
• High school diploma (Required)
• May be required to travel for up to a month at a time, travel is required 90%+ during the year
All employees must be authorized to work in the United States. Lafayette Tents & Events participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. upon applicants’ acceptance of a job offer.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Company address:125 S. 5th St, Lafayette, IN 47901