Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open Software Development Manager Jobs in Seattle, WA
Sr Manager, Software Development - Amazon Digital & Mobile Products
Amazon Kindle is a revolutionary reading device, an entertainment tablet, the #1 best-selling product on all of Amazon, and one of the most innovative and fast growing businesses at Amazon. Amazon has also developed significant digital and mobile businesses include Amazon MP3, Amazon Video on Demand, IMDB, Amazon Mobile store, and Audible. Many of these applications run on a range of mobile platforms including iOS and Android.
We are looking for a passionate, driven, and talented software developer who has experience designing and building innovative, forward looking products that customers love. The ideal candidate thrives working in the space between Product, UX, Design, and Engineering to deliver compelling and exciting next generation graphical experiences. This person will have the opportunity to make a tremendous impact on the customer experience of new products that will be used every day, by the people you know.
As a Software Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for leading a team of engineers in design, development, test, and deployment of a range of products on mobile platforms. A successful candidate will have an established background in developing customer-facing experiences, a strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. You will be helping to hire and build your team and systems.
- Responsible for the over-all software development life cycle of a key product feature
- Management and execution within an Agile/Scrum environmenagainst project plans and delivery commitments
- Management of departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team
- Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach to invent cutting edge user experiences using a variety of methods (Flash, Unity, Java, C++) across multiple technologies.
- Provide solutions for a 3D graphics pipeline - rendering techniques, asset workflow, and shader development.
- Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver, are deeply technical, highly innovative and long for the opportunity to build pioneering solutions to challenging problems, we want to talk to you.
- 10-15+ years experience building production software systems (with 5+ years management experience)
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals (based on a BS or MS in CS or related field)
- Knowledge of emerging platforms, Java, C/C++, Android, Linux, operating system principles, and programming best practices
- Contribute to discussions with User Experience Design teams to find technical solutions to design problems
- Have a solid background in computer graphics fundamentals, 3D mathematics, 3D pipeline algorithms and tradeoffs
- Experience with 3D graphics API such as OpenGL ES 2.0 or Direct3D mobile
- Own features that function across both the client and server
- Development experience on mobile platforms such as Google Android, WebOS, Windows Phone, Apple iOS and RIM Blackberry.
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronic devices like the Kindle family of products.
Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com. Since then, we have worked to produce hardware and software for best-selling tablets and e-readers. The Kindle family has now grown to include Kindle Fire HDX and Kindle Paperwhite, the world's most advanced e-reader.
Posted 4 years ago
Browse Software Development Manager jobs in Seattle, Washington:
Software Development Manager NEW!
Staffing Resource Group, LLC in Seattle, WA
Posted 13 hours ago on ZipRecruiter
Senior Software Development Manager
NSFWjobs in Seattle, WA
Posted 10 days ago on ZipRecruiter
CTO, Software Development Leader
SapphireView, Inc. in Bellevue, WA
Posted 14 days ago on ZipRecruiter