Posted 2 years ago in Manufacturing/Operations
• Able to interpret engineering drawings or create necessary drawings to fabricate components for both equipment and facilities.
• Fabricate components and assemblies for material handling, machine guarding, automation, fixtures and for equipment installations
• Create Bill of Material needed for fabrication from all drawings or sketches
• Able to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment
• Assist loading and unloading materials as necessary
• Read and interpret equipment manuals, diagrams, and work orders
• Perform maintenance on equipment and facilities when fabrication work is not needed
• Must have extensive experience in welding (arc, tig, mig)
• Assure quality and integrity of the work while following standard fabrication practices
• Maintain a safe working environment in regards to all aspects of the fabrication process
• Use of horizontal/vertical band saws
• Experience with lift truck and overhead crane
• Experience with Vertical mill / Bridgeport, Lathe and Drill Press operation
• Machine, Automation and Jig/Fixture building experience
• Basic electrical and hydraulic knowledge a plus
Applicant must be a self-starter that takes pride in their work and is a team player. Minimum of four years related experience, certification in welding or related field preferred.
Tier I Automotive Hot Stamping Facility seeking top talent to join our organization!
Browse machine builder jobs in Detroit, Michigan: