Operates Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) to measure dimensions of automotive parts, inspection fixtures and machine jigs by performing the following duties.
- Reads blue prints to determine dimensions and tolerance specifications per GD&T.
- Understands and uses measurement tools and equipment.
- Compares recorded measurements to blueprint dimensions and tolerances and notifies specified persons of discrepancies.
- Perform in-depth part layout using direct drive CMM and bench layout.
- Develop and implement computer programs using PC DMIS software.
- Provide effective verbal and written communication regarding results.
- Travel to customer and other plant locations as needed.
- Perform capability studies.
- Perform gage certification (dimensional).
- Schedule and track work to support production needs.
- Perform Gage R&R (repeatability and reproducibility).
- Maintain and verify check fixtures.
- Maintain calibration systems.
- Assist with PPAP submissions.
- Understands, supports, and implements the company Safety policies and procedures into daily work habits.
- Understands, supports, and implements the company Quality policies and procedures into daily work habits.
- Understands, supports, and implements the company Housekeeping policies into daily work habits.
- Understands, supports, and implements Continuous Improvement skills into daily work habits
- Support TS 16949 activities and requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to understand: GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing)
Blue Print Reading
CAD (Computer Aided Design)
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- High level of cooperation and commitment
- Natural Problem Solver
- Ability and willingness to learn
- Adaptive to a Fast Paced environment
- Mechanical ability
- Microsoft office suite
Education and/or Experience:
One year certificate from college or technical school; three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
About L&W Engineering:
For 40 years, L&W has been a leading Tier I supplier in the automotive industry specializing in Metal Stampings, Welded Assemblies, Tubular Products, and Hot Stampings. L&W was formed in 1973, and since that time has grown into a dynamic and sophisticated company serving a variety of customers. L&W continues to expand operations and currently has 17 facilities operating in 4 states. Our growth and success is a direct result of the dedication and commitment of all our associates.
As reflected in our mission statement, ÃÂL&W is committed to serving our customers better everyday and providing a good job for willing workers. We are seeking highly qualified individuals to build a career with us. No matter what team you will be working with, what you do is an important link in our ability to meet the needs of our customers. We have high expectations for L&W and for you. We look forward to a mutually rewarding and successful partnership.
L&W offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, prescription, life and disability insurance, flexible spending, 401(k) plan, and paid vacation and holidays.
L&W promotes a drug and alcohol free workplace.