Operates Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) to measure dimensions of automotive parts, inspection fixtures and machine jigs by performing the following duties.
- Reads blue prints to determine dimensions and tolerance specifications per GD&T.
- Understands and uses measurement tools and equipment.
- Compares recorded measurements to blueprint dimensions and tolerances and notifies specified persons of discrepancies.
- Perform in-depth part layout using direct drive CMM and bench layout.
- Develop and implement computer programs using PC DMIS software.
- Provide effective verbal and written communication regarding results.
- Travel to customer and other plant locations as needed.
- Perform capability studies.
- Perform gage certification (dimensional).
- Schedule and track work to support production needs.
- Perform Gage R&R (repeatability and reproducibility).
- Maintain and verify check fixtures.
- Maintain calibration systems.
- Assist with PPAP submissions.
- Understands, supports, and implements the company Safety policies and procedures into daily work habits.
- Understands, supports, and implements the company Quality policies and procedures into daily work habits.
- Understands, supports, and implements the company Housekeeping policies into daily work habits.
- Understands, supports, and implements Continuous Improvement skills into daily work habits
- Support TS 16949 activities and requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS:Required Skills
- Ability to understand: GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing)
Blue Print Reading
CAD (Computer Aided Design)
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- High level of cooperation and commitment
- Natural Problem Solver
- Ability and willingness to learn
- Adaptive to a Fast Paced environment
- Mechanical ability
- Microsoft office suite
Education and/or Experience:
One year certificate from college or technical school; three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.