Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open Controller Jobs in Washington, DC
LSC is seeking a Controller for our full service Contract Compliance and Business Development firm. Applicants MUST have intimate knowledge and be EFFICIENT in QuickBooks Accounting software and the use of Microsoft Office Suite including Excel and Outlook. Must have experience with government contracting in 3 to 5 million dollar range. This position requires an independent, responsible, mature professional with career aspirations. The ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet tight deadlines is required. This position is responsible for the full accounting operations of the company including the production of financial reports, maintaining a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, ensure accuracy and the company's full compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and reporting standards.
Accounting and Software skills will be tested.
- MS in Business, Accounting or Finance
- CPA preferred.
- Perform complete range of professional accounting duties
- Review and analysis of internal control procedures
- Prepare Monthly Management Reports
- Work with CPA to ensure all tax regulations are recorded appropriately in tax basis financial statements.
- Ability to handle multi task duties – Banking, Credit Cards, A/P, A/R, Timesheet, Time Reports, Bank/Credit Card Reconciliation, Payroll processing and Filing, Overhead calculations
- Perform cost studies
- Strong attention to detail with excellent time management skills
- Communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Organize, file and maintain accounting department documents
- Must be able to work independently
A résumé without a cover letter stating salary requirements will not be considered.
- This is full time position
- Compensation: Commensurate with Experience
- Principals only. Recruiters please don't contact this job poster.
- Please, no phone calls about this job!
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
About L. S. Caldwell & Associates, Inc.:
The successful applicant will be involved with a firm that has successfully developed, implemented and monitored Contracting, Employment and Public Awareness Compliance Programs for major corporations, developers, municipalities and public agencies for over twenty five (25) years. Services include but are not limited to: contract/employment tracking and monitoring, as well as recruitment, goal performance analysis, procurement policy analysis, regulatory research and market analysis. Our exciting work is performed in support of capital improvement programs/projects, goods and services procurement for both public and private sectors in commercial and residential construction and economic development initiatives.
Posted 4 years ago
Browse Controller jobs in Washington, D.C.:
Controller - Financial Services NEW!
JustinBradley in Washington, DC
Posted yesterday on ZipRecruiter
Assistant Controller - Highly Visible Non-Profit NEW!
JustinBradley in Washington, DC
Posted 21 hours ago on ZipRecruiter
Constellis in Washington, DC
Posted 8 days ago on ZipRecruiter