Vision, Medical, Life, 401K, Dental
Why Work Here?
“Lost of room to grow, great environment, not your usual accounting firm.”
How are we the 2nd Fastest growing accounting firm in the USA? I will tell you, the secret sauce is that we have a fun and creative environment, a dash of crazy, zero politics and a true work life balance. We seek highly motivated individuals who not only want real career advancement but want to contribute to a cool culture and our rapid growth.
So if you want to join an accounting firm with out the box thinking, just click apply.
- Prepare federal and state corporate, individual, and partnership returns, including exercising professional judgment with respect to issue identification to develop solutions to tax issues in returns.
- Research tax issues and legislation.
- Provide and maintain documentation to support tax return calculations.
- Reconciliation of book to tax income.
- Analyze depreciation to determine proper methodology for tax impact on client engagements to decide best treatment of disposed for obsolescence and new fixed assets placed in service.
- Make projections on future tax liabilities based on variable options to make client recommendations as part of the tax planning process.
- Interact with client personnel regarding tax return information, deadlines, etc. and keep team informed on status.
- Look for opportunities to provide value added services to clients.
- Proactively participate in professional development opportunities, i.e. Mentoring Program, Coaching, CPE's, etc.
- Initiate and develop relationship with appropriate levels of the client's management team.
- Give insight and thought leadership to corporate publications on tax matters.
- Additional responsibilities, not listed above may be expected as needed.
- Must have strong technology skills and be proficient with all aspects of Microsoft Office. Working knowledge and experience with UltraTax, Accounting CS and QuickBooks would be a plus but not required.
- Must have strong communication skills and be able to listen effectively.
- Work well under pressure; able to meet deadlines with accuracy.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and problem solving skills are a must.
- Ability to learn processes quickly and be able to apply that knowledge to engagements.
- Flexibility and openness to work on a variety of assignments; be able to multi-task.
- Basic knowledge of federal and state tax compliance.
- Team player with desire to be an active participant within the organization.
- Have a strong desire to maintain a customer service approach focused on exceeding expectations in all areas.
- At least 1 busy season under your belt.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university (minimum of 150 college credits required).
- M.S. in Taxation (preferred).
- Must have CPA license or be eligible to sit for the CPA exam.
Kabat Schertzer De La Torre Taraboulos & Co. provides a full range of professional, technical, consulting, and business services to clients in a wide range of industries. We continually provide innovative solutions for our clients to help them achieve their personal and business financial goals.We are dedicated to serving our clients' total financial needs. We take pride in the total commitment to provide valuable professional services in a timely, efficient manner while maintaining the highest level of quality and value in the professional services that we provide. A concentrated effort is made to service all of a client's needs - both those requested by the client and those needed but unrecognized. We consider ourselves to be a part of a client's team, which plans strategies that will insure the success of their business and personal goals. By listening to clients describe the concerns and challenges they face everyday, we try to formulate a plan to take advantage of new opportunities and help find acceptable solutions to current challenges.
10 months ago