Sorry, this job was closed 1 year ago. See all open Front End Developer Jobs in Santa Rosa, CA
Front End Developer
Compensation$55,000 to $95,000 Annually
This position is perfect for the programming professional as it encompasses an ever changing and dynamic series of projects. The programming services we offer clients include but are not limited to:
- Website Creation from Mockups
- Web Content Management Systems
- Web modules and projects that fit the needs of our client base
- Custom Web Projects
Specifically, the front end developer's duties will include receiving from the web designer graphics files and converting them to standards compliant, ‘responsive’ websites, making day-to-day updates to existing websites, installing and customizing content management systems and shopping carts, working with senior programming staff on projects, and working closely with project and account managers to train clients and roll out iterations of the completed work.
As the employee progresses at the company, it will be expected that basic server-side skills will be developed including C#, simple MVC concepts, and MS SQL.
Ideal candidate is fluent in and will be working with the following on a daily basis
- Responsive and mobile design techniques. You will be doing this almost immediately.
- Asynchronous and/or multi-threaded programming, DOM manipulation, XML/XSLT, JSON, etc.
- A good "design sense" (including UX/UI) is required.
- Strong communication and people skills. Very important.
- Ability to take a mockup or proof and turn it into a standards-based, cross-browser-compatible responsive page.
- Ability to take an idea or concept, work out the details and architecture, and then bring it to life!
- Know your way around Photoshop (and/or Illustrator or other graphics programs).
- Familiarity with Chrome Dev Tools, Firebug or other similar webpage inspectors/debugging tools.
- Basic understanding of simple data structures & object-oriented programming
- Experience with Git, Subversion, or other SCM/VCS systems? We can train you if not.
- Experience with CSS preprocessors such as LESS, Sass or our favorite Stylus
- Experience with Angular.js or backbone.js
- C# ASP.NET MVC, Entity Framework, LINQ
- MS SQL Server
Really, really a plus
- Experience in ecommerce, PCI security & compliance, encryption know-how and data security, etc.
- PHP, Python, Ruby, Perl, Node.js and MySql etc. are great to know, although not our primary environment.
- Experience with wireframing/mockup tools.
Existing Clients and Non-Competition
We understand that you may have existing clients for whom you currently do work and we are open to creative methods to manage this possibility. It is important for our employees to understand that they represent Kreck Design in the community beyond the strict workweek and any unfortunate confusion is avoided as much as possible.
The salary range for this position is $55,000 - $95,000 per plus benefits that are typically worth approximately $10,000 - $15,000 per year. Actual salary offered is based upon skills and experience. Please provide salary requirements and basic salary history.
How to Get Hired
- Use the online ordering process below to submit the following…
- Write us a cover letter describing your abilities, your passions, and what you've worked on.
- In this letter, also let us know what you are looking for, your expectations, and salary requirements.
- Also, if you have one, send us a link to your online portfolio and some published examples of your work (along with letting us know what your role in them was).
- Bonus: Indicate which industry, design or technology websites you like to regularly frequent, as well as the last few (design/technology/industry) books you've read.
- Please, no agencies or contractors.
- Formal Training Programs (Education, Arts Programs, College Degree, etc)
- Experience with various content management systems (Wordpress, Umbraco, Drupal, Joomla, etc.)
Other Things to Know About Us
- We have lots of (well-mannered) dogs in our office that are very much a part of the team! Any new dogs wishing to join the team with you must submit and pass their own applications and interviews!
- We have good senses of humor and frequently all have lunch or go on outings/adventures together.
- We take incredible pride in our work, and are always looking for ways to improve our methods and deliver a better product to our customers. The more you can help us do this, the better!
- We are an equal opportunity employer.
About Kreck Design, Inc.:
Kreck Design is a leading north-bay provider of marketing, design and Internet related services to companies of every size. Founded in 1997, Kreck Design is comprised of a small team of creative professionals that supply a wide-range of products and services to over 200 clients located across the country. Our goal is to help companies and organizations leverage the power of the Internet and professionally designed content to solve their problems, better communicate with customers, and meet their goals.
Kreck Design is located in Healdsburg, Sonoma County, California. Healdsburg is the perfect blend of small town charm and a world-class destination showcasing spectacular wine, cuisine, art and shopping. When staying close to home, the town of Healdsburg has eight+ markets from a Safeway supermarket to farmer's market to organic and Latino specialty markets. It also has a wide range of specialty stores including a cheese shop, two bakeries, a cigar and craft brews and dozens of others. The schools are well regarded and there are many options from public, public charter, and private available. For those that like to get out of town, we are only 55 minutes north of the golden gate bridge, 30 minutes south of the redwoods, 30 minutes east of the pacific ocean, and 2 hours from the ski slopes. Sonoma County has a wide variety of hiking and bike trails and other actives for the active professional.
The following links can provide more information about working and living in Healdsburg.
Healdsburg Chamber of Commerce (Dining, Event Calendars, Things to Do, etc.) - http://www.healdsburg.com
Healdsburg City (Demographics, Parks, City Utilities, etc.) - http://www.ci.healdsburg.ca.us
Posted date: 1 year ago
Browse Front End Developer jobs in Santa Rosa, CA: