Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open Safety Manager Jobs in Minneapolis, MN
Safety Manager High Voltage Transmission
- Support the Operating Group Safety Director in leading and implementing the Zero Injury Safety Programs.
- Provide safety oversight on several highvoltage and transmission projects enabling the safety director to better plan direction and vision for the operating group.
- Provide professional direction and mentorship to project Senior Safety Engineers, Safety Engineers and Coordinators.
- Provide leadership and support to site safety engineers who assist the high voltage and transmission project teams with site specific safety programs, pre-project planning and task planning, and technical assistance.
- Identify training needs and opportunities. Assist in development of training curriculum and materials. Lead training and conduct train-the-trainer sessions.
- Conduct site hazard recognition surveys and ensure corrective management action when required.
- Oversee the operating group’s loss control data/documentation collection and manage the development of loss trend analysis reports for group management personnel.
- Lead project management teams in developing site specific safety programs.
- Conduct site hazard recognition surveys.
- Review and monitor subcontractor activities.
- Provide technical assistance to projects and Safety Engineers.
- Support and assist high voltage and transmission project teams with incident investigations.
- Halt and correct unsafe practices.
- Evaluate industrial hygiene concerns.
- Review high voltage and transmission site general conditions safety measures.
- Ensure required training is executed on projects.
- Exhibit operational knowledge of construction OSHA and other pertinent safety standards.
- Formulate site survey reports for department.
- Ensure uniform interpretation of site safety procedures.
- Communicate and distribute new and changing safety-related information.
- Manage Operating Group return to work/modified duty program.
- Interact with Risk Management Department (i.e. claims management).
Supervision, Coordination or Work Direction:
- Provide leadership to other team members in the department by displaying resourcefulness, self-starting work habits, and creativity in problem solving based on information and judgment. Ability to work with minimum assistance and supervision is required.
Summary of the Expected Outcome(s):
- High quality professional level work product, a positive attitude and behavior traits, initiative and productivity are expected in this position.
- Performance should meet and/or exceed the positions established standards, goals and accountabilities.
- A minimum of 7-9 years of experience in transmission and high voltage electrical construction in a safety role, or equivalent combinations of training and related experience
- CSP or CIH preferred
- A four year or advanced degree in EH&S education preferred, but not required
- A progressive career history, with demonstrated increase in leadership and responsibility
- Must have an absolute commitment and passion for the Zero Injuries Philosophy, and the ability to integrate safety and operations
- Working knowledge of federal, state and local laws and regulations across the country
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to work effectively with a broad range of individuals, from craft worker to senior management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong teamwork orientation
- Must be computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office and email
- Positive attitude and professional customer service skills
- Detail oriented
- Top pay and benefits
International Consulting Firm
Posted 4 years ago
Browse Safety Manager jobs in Minneapolis, Minnesota:
Health & Safety Instructor (PTOC)
American Red Cross in Minneapolis, MN
Posted 15 days ago on ZipRecruiter
TRX, Inc. in Minneapolis, MN
Posted yesterday on ZipRecruiter
Transportation Safety Consultant- Minneapolis Area
Cottingham & Butler in Minneapolis, MN
Posted 16 days ago on Beyond