The Board of Knowledge Academies welcomes applications for the position of School Social Worker - Part Time ($25 per hour, 15 to 20 hours per week). The most successful candidates will have experience adapting and applying the following responsibilities to a constantly changing and dynamic school environment.
The ability to collaborate with very diverse cultural groups and collaborative teams is required.
Provide social services and assistance to improve the social and psychological functioning of children and their families and to maximize the family well-being and the academic functioning of children.
May assist single parents, arrange adoptions, and find foster homes for abandoned or abused children.
Address such problems as teenage pregnancy, misbehavior, and truancy. May also advise teachers on how to deal with problem children.
- Interview clients individually, in families, or in groups, assessing their situations, capabilities, and problems, to determine what services are required to meet their needs.
- Develop and review service plans in consultation with clients, and perform follow-ups assessing the quantity and quality of services provided.
- Refer clients to community resources for services such as job placement, debt counseling, legal aid, housing, medical treatment, or financial assistance, and provide concrete information, such as where to go and how to apply.
- Counsel individuals, groups, families, or communities regarding issues including mental health, poverty, unemployment, substance abuse, physical abuse, rehabilitation, social adjustment, child care, or medical care.
- Arrange for medical, psychiatric, and other tests that may disclose causes of difficulties and indicate remedial measures.
- Collect supplementary information needed to assist client, such as employment records, medical records, or school reports.
Compensation: $25 per hour, 15 to 20 hours per week.