Position Requirements / Responsibilities
· Must be a self-starter and work with a minimum of direct supervision.
· Must have a valid driver’s license.
· Ability to plan, organize and coordinate work assignments.
· Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral).
· Must have a working knowledge of IP, TCP/IP, ATM, MPLS, QOS, IPTV, FTTP FTTH, ADSL, ADSL2, VDSL2, Ethernet, 802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n, IPTV, MoCA, HPNA, home plug, VoIP technologies and their related support needs.
· Knowledge of the procedures, techniques, used in WAN, LAN trouble shooting.
· Review technical documentation as needed.
· Write test reports.
· BSEE, BSCE or BSCS from accredited university and or 10+ years in a related capacity.
· Excellent English communication and presentation skills required.
· International travel required
· Based in Toronto
· Must have an existing working knowledge and experience with commercial broadcast quality IPTV and test properties.
· Persistence, resilience, ability to influence others, strong professional demeanor.
· Exhibit competence in the MS Office suite of products including but not limited to the following applications: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, and MS PowerPoint
· Analyze and test all available information on field reported issues to identify product issues or determine fault of the reported issue.
· Analyze test bench data to validate products are within specifications,
· Analyze test bench data to determine recommended path of resolution.
· Assist PLM with completion of RFP / RFI / RRP requests
· Assist PLM and sales engineering with other general tasks as needed.
· Troubleshoot and identify problems.
· Understand and explain product Hardware and Software features and benefits once training is complete.
· Participate in sales presentation.
· Lead technical presentation.
· Prepare written event summary logs of field experiences.
· Perform related work as assigned by supervisor.
Only candidates considered will be notified.
Browse field application engineer jobs in Toronto, ON, Canada:
KSV Consulting Inc. in Toronto, ON
Posted 10 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Okta in Toronto, ON
Posted 13 days ago on Glassdoor
Intelex Technologies in Toronto, ON
Posted 18 days ago on Glassdoor