Position Requirements / Responsibilities
· Must be a self-starter and work with a minimum of direct supervision.
· Must have a valid driver’s license.
· Ability to plan, organize and coordinate work assignments.
· Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral).
· Must have a working knowledge of IP, TCP/IP, ATM, MPLS, QOS, IPTV, FTTP FTTH, ADSL, ADSL2, VDSL2, Ethernet, 802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n, IPTV, MoCA, HPNA, home plug, VoIP technologies and their related support needs.
· Knowledge of the procedures, techniques, used in WAN, LAN trouble shooting.
· Review technical documentation as needed.
· Write test reports.
· BSEE, BSCE or BSCS from accredited university and or 10+ years in a related capacity.
· Excellent English communication and presentation skills required.
· International travel required
· Based in Toronto
· Must have an existing working knowledge and experience with commercial broadcast quality IPTV and test properties.
· Persistence, resilience, ability to influence others, strong professional demeanor.
· Exhibit competence in the MS Office suite of products including but not limited to the following applications: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, and MS PowerPoint
· Analyze and test all available information on field reported issues to identify product issues or determine fault of the reported issue.
· Analyze test bench data to validate products are within specifications,
· Analyze test bench data to determine recommended path of resolution.
· Assist PLM with completion of RFP / RFI / RRP requests
· Assist PLM and sales engineering with other general tasks as needed.
· Troubleshoot and identify problems.
· Understand and explain product Hardware and Software features and benefits once training is complete.
· Participate in sales presentation.
· Lead technical presentation.
· Prepare written event summary logs of field experiences.
· Perform related work as assigned by supervisor.
Only candidates considered will be notified.
Browse field application engineer jobs in Toronto, Canada: