Are you ready for a change? Would you like to work with a growth company that values you and your life balance? One where other departments communicate and work together to make things happen? This transactional paralegal will assist 2 main tasks: 1) contracts; 2) pre-closing due diligence and documents on triple net deals, and on shopping center and other larger deals.
- 5-10 years experience in transactional real estate work
- Some admin work: filing, typing, letters, fed ex, etc.
- Contract drafting (off form docs), keeping track of contracts, insuring compliance with dates, abstracting, earnest money deposits, contact terminations, earnest money returns,
- Drafting documents based on form docs, making changes, corrections,
- Order title searches, and it would be helpful if she could assist the development team in ordering and coordinating surveys.
- Coordinating due diligence efforts: transmittal to appropriate parties, drop box site or other sharing websites, working off of closing checklists and spreadsheets,
- Drafting easements, REA, OEA, etc for closings (again, off form docs), and mentoring changes.
LEASE ADMINISTRATOR DUTIES
- Assist leading agents with drafting of LOI/Broker Commission Agreements and assemble initial Landlord lease drafts and supervised lease negotiation; draft lease amendments, renewals, waivers and other letter agreements as needed
- Track prohibited/restricted uses for company's shopping center developments and update spreadsheets
- Prepare tenant executed leases for Landlord's execution, coordinate lease execution by Landlord and deliver agreements to tenants
- Coordinate calculation of rent commencement dates and payment of tenant allowances upon receipt
- Order title searches and assist development team in ordering and coordinating surveys
- Create and manage spreadsheets to track deadlines and manage reports
- Coordinate due diligence efforts including transmittal to appropriate parties
Ideal candidates will have the following experience
- 5-10 years experience in retail real estate leasing, having acted as a paralegal or lease administrator
- Prior disposition experience is beneficial
- Must have superb written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision and be flexible with job duties and assignments
- Must have meticulous attention to detail and strong organizational skills