“"ONE TEAM, ONE MISSION!" Team Culture”
Controller / Director Accounting & Finance -- Kerusso Christian Apparel & Accessories
Kerusso is a Greek word meaning "To herald divine truth as a public crier." For over 30 years, Kerusso has been proclaiming the Good News of Jesus Christ through Kerusso apparel & accessories. As one of the original pioneers of “T-Shirt Evangelism”, Kerusso sets the standard. Seven-time INC. 5000 list honoree and the leading producer of Christian themed T-Shirts around the world.
Working at Kerusso: “One Team One Mission”
At Kerusso we’re passionate about our work and are driven by our purpose: Proclaiming the Good News to the World through products about Jesus. Our Team Motto is: “One Team, One Mission!” Each and every day we work together as one to achieve that shared mission. Our culture is equal parts casual, candid, and driven. We’re serious about delivering results for our customers, our company, and our Team, while at the same time enjoying what we do.
Founded by Vic Kennett in 1987, Kerusso employs 130 people operating out of their 100,000 sq. ft. facility nestled in the beautiful Ozark Mountains of Berryville, Arkansas. Kerusso products can be found online and at more than 2,000 retailers around the globe. The company currently embellishes over 2 million garments a year through in-house production and global sourcing.
This position reports directly to Vic Kennett, Founder & CEO, and will work closely with other senior leaders as part of the executive team to drive growth and seek improvements in operational processes. This role is responsible for coordinating financial planning, analysis and reporting, leading information technologies, risk management, purchase planning, inventory planning, human resources and improving overall operational effectiveness.
The role is based onsite in our company headquarters in BERRYVILLE, AR. 1 HR east of Fayetteville, Springdale, Rogers, and Bentonville, and 45 minutes south of Branson, MO.
This position is responsible for the direct supervision of an Assistant Controller, IT Manager, Purchasing Manager and 3 employees in the finance/accounting department.
Accountable for the administrative, financial and risk management operations of the company to include the development of financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development of central systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results in the following areas: Financial Information, Planning, Operations, Risk Management and Funding.
Financial Information and Strategy
· Oversee the issuance of financial information
· Develops finance organizational strategies by contributing financial and accounting information, analysis and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction; establishing functional objectives in line with other organizational objectives.
· Establishes finance operational strategies by evaluating trends, establishing critical measurements; determining production, productivity, quality and customer-service strategies; designing systems; accumulating resources, resolving problems and implementing change.
· Assist in formulating the company’s future direction and supporting tactical initiatives.
· Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans.
· Develops financial and tax strategies.
· Manage the capital request and budgeting process.
· Develop performance measures that support the company’s strategic direction.
Operations / IT / HR / Inventory Planning and Control
· Manage the Accounting, IT/ERP, finance-related human resources issues, legal, taxes and treasury functions.
· Lead Inventory strategy and the demand planning & inventory audit teams.
· Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team.
· Oversee elements of daily operations as tasked / required
· Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team.
· Oversee the company’s transaction processing system.
· Implement operational best practices.
· Oversee employee benefit plans with emphasis on maximizing a cost-effective benefits package.
· Lead inventory planning and optimization
Risk Management / Legal
· Understand and mitigate key elements of the company’s risk profile.
· Monitor all open legal issues involving the company and legal issues affecting the industry.
· Construct and monitor reliable control systems.
· Maintain appropriate insurance coverage.
· Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements.
· Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies.
· Maintain relations with external CPA firm and investigate their findings and recommendations.
· Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts.
· Arrange for debt and equity financing.
· Monitor and manage investments
Qualifications and Key Skills:
Degree in Accounting / Finance
CPA and /or MBA
Significant experience with manufacturing and/or supply chain operations
Strong IT knowledge and experience upgrading / implementing ERP systems
Hands-on leader and excellent communicator
Strategic thinker and problem solver
Our Company -- Kerusso is a Greek word meaning "To herald divine truth as a public crier." For over 30 years, Kerusso has been heralding, preaching and proclaiming the Good News of Jesus Christ through Kerusso Apparel & Accessories. As one of the original pioneers of T-Shirt Evangelism, Kerusso sets the standard. 7 time INC. 5000 list honoree and the leading producer of Christian themed T-Shirts around the world.
Working at Kerusso: “One Team One Mission” -- At Kerusso we’re passionate about our work and are driven by our purpose: Proclaiming the Good News to the World through products about Jesus. Our Team Motto is: “One Team, One Mission!” Each and every day we work together as one to achieve that shared mission. Our culture is equal parts casual, candid, and driven. We’re serious about delivering results for our customers, our company, and our Team, while at the same time enjoying what we do.
Company address: 402 HWY 62 Spur Berryville, AR 72616
Posted date: 22 days ago