Are you a motivated HR Generalist with strong labor experience?
If so, we want to speak with you!
Candidate will be responsible to support all human resource functions for the Romulus sites (2 unionized facilities). Will recommend and interpret company and department policies and communicates them to associates. Candidate will perform various activities to support department functions with emphasis on those relating to labor relations, training, and recruiting/hiring. Please note: this is a true HR Generalist role with union/labor experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for developing and maintaining effective employee relations including executive, salaried and hourly personnel.
• Advises and coaches management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues and HR policies.
• Trains and gives presentations to groups of employees on various topics including policies and programs.
• Develops and maintains effective relationships with Union leadership and provides guidance relative to contract interpretation and administration. Advises, counsels, and administers policies as they relate to bargaining unit employees, including discipline, work rules, and safety practices, etc. Advises management with regards to appropriate contract administration and response development for first step grievances. Schedules, facilitates, and formulates responses for second step grievance hearings. Investigates and collects data pertaining to labor disputes and grievances and provides support for contract negotiation process.
• Responsible for the external and internal recruiting including permanent and temporary placements. Sources candidates, screen applicants and interviews. Maintains job descriptions, ensuring appropriate identification of recruitment, placement, and developmental needs.
• Provides support for special projects/investigations as needed.
• Plans and performs new hire orientation, including policies, programs, Company history, and goals.
• Responsible for coordination, scheduling, and administration of training programs to employees. Coordinates or performs training delivery. Maintains training records as required by Company policy, agencies, ISO or other requirements.
• Assists with annual performance review process.
• Prepares and distributes employee materials for annual benefit open enrollment. Communicates changes and process to all associates.
• Generates departmental reports for informational, tracking and regulatory compliance purposes.
• Maintains knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resource functions and ensure policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
• Looking for a hi-potential growth individual that wishes to move up within an organization. May require relocation in the future.
• Bachelor’s degree. A plus if it’s in HR, Industrial Relations, Business Management, or related field.
• 3-5 years’ experience working in Human Resources in a Generalist capacity.
• Proven strong employee relations required.
• Must have experience with labor/union exp. as will need to partner with onsite labor committees. •Working knowledge of recruiting, record keeping, compensation, benefits, employment law and training a plus.
• Compliance and HR regulations general knowledge required.
• Strong effective communication skills oral/written.
• Experience in speaking before groups a plus.
• Prefer intermediate level of computer skills in Microsoft Office. Oracle or any other HRIS system exp. a plus
• Prefer to have at least a minimal level in HR investigations.
• Prior experience with performance reviews a plus.
• Training/Speaking to groups of employees and/or coaching management is a strong plus
• PHR certification a plus.
• Lean or continuous improvement a plus.
• Having worked in healthcare (FDA) or manufacturing/distribution environment a plus.
We recognize the innovation and energy of our employees with competitive compensation and a full range of benefits, including medical/dental/vision, retirement plan, and much more.
Please no faxes or phone calls. Only considered candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Sybron Dental Specialties!
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
About Kerr Corporation:
Kerr Corporation, one of the many successful dental manufacturing companies owned by Danaher, is a top producer of products used by dental professionals in 99 percent of dental practices around the world. Our employees are engaged in creating innovative and highly regarded quality products that add to the well-being, comfort and self-esteem of dental patients globally.
We want to give our associates a reason to smile by creating a workplace where everyone can make a visible difference. We offer competitive benefits including health, dental, vision, and 401k benefits.