Every day, Kelly Services connects professionals with opportunities to advance their careers. We currently have an exciting contract opportunity for a Technical Writer with a company located in Rochester, NY.
Work schedule will be Monday - Friday, typically 8a - 5p. Fulltime, 40 hour work week.
Duration is a one year contract assignment, possible extension, however no guarantee.
Pay rate is based on experience, however range is $25-$32/hour.Responsibilities of the Scientific Technical Writer includes:
Requirements of the Scientific Technical Writer includes:
- Field and customer technical communications. Researches, creates, updates, and edits technical communications and documentation that explain OCD products to customers, OCD technical support personnel worldwide, service personnel, and field support staff.
- Acquires or verifies knowledge of subject by consulting with subject matter experts, observing the performance of the product, or referring to articles, bulletins, manuals, or similar publications.
- Writes in a clear and concise manner technical communications and other documentation suitable for a worldwide audience.
- Manages the review and approval process. Works toward achieving consensus between multiple reviews/subject matter experts for document approval in a timely manner.
- Tracks the production and delivery of the communications and documentation according to predetermined schedules.
- Maintains appropriate supporting documentation according to government requirements and OCD records management guidelines. Files assembled/completed within guidelines and must be audit ready at all times.
- Participates on project teams. Must be a proven team player and self-motivated.
- B.S/A.A.S. in Medical Technology or Communications or related field.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Attention to detail a must.
- Skillful problem solver with investigative talents. Independent, resourceful.
- Excellent computer skills. Experience with word-processing software such as Microsoft Word.
- Knowledge of OCD products and business processes.
- Experience in implementation of new products or product changes/updates a plus.
- Previous clinical laboratory experience, customer support or technical support.
- Organized, able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to prioritize workload with minimal supervision.
- Comfortable working under tight deadlines.
- High level of professionalism.
- Able to represent the Publications & Communications department on cross-functional teams. Comfortable interacting with upper levels of management.
This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. To be considered for this position, please submit your resume. If you have questions about the position, you may contact the recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org
Why Kelly ® ?
With Kelly, you'll have access to some of the world's highest-regarded scientific organizations'providing you with opportunities to work on today's most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you'll be proud to help advance. We work with 97 of the Fortune 100 companies, and found opportunities for more than 11,000 scientific professionals last year. You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career' connect with us today.
About Kelly Services ®
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions. Kelly ® offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis. Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook , LinkedIn and Twitter . Download WorkWire ™ , a free career and employment resource iPad® app by Kelly Services.
iPad is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.