Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open Software Development Engineer Jobs in Chicago, IL
Software Development Engineer
Kappa Search Inc. (KSI) is a Chicago area recruiting agency specializing in the placement of engineering and technical professionals in a variety of fields.Our client is looking to fill an immediate need. If you’re looking for a new role with a great organization, this is the fit for you!
This is an opportunity for a motivated individual to be responsible for the software-based evaluation, specification,and development of electronic products.
This role will be responsible for the following.
- Design, coding, and debugging of applications for Iphone, Ipad, and other devices using Objective C.
- Establish and maintain documents defining the performance and operation of assigned products including; software design guide, specifications for required software related components, software test requirements and evaluation plan, and hardware specifications supporting the drive.
- Ensure the quality of software through modeling, simulation, and testing.
- Coordinate with other software development companies to support full-lifecycle application development
- Development of tools to simulate or test product features
- Search for new software development technologies/GUI, processes, or tools that can be applied to company product lines to improve performance and reduce costs
- Track progress against schedule to inform engineering and project management of potential issues in regards to schedule or resources
- Assist and support other departments as necessary including customer service, sales and marketing, and quality assurance
- Assist in the evaluation and development of software development agreements with outside suppliers
- evaluate new products in relation to software
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Science or Electronic Engineering
- C/Java Script programming languages
- Minimum of 3 years experience in software development
- Apple iOS experience
- Object oriented programming
- Understanding of real-time, multi-threaded operating systems and event driven architectures
- Software version control
- Team oriented
- Ability to travel overseas as needed
About Kappa Search, Inc.:
Founded in 1992, KSI started as a regional company, and we grew to a nationwide operation. For 20 years, we have maintained a history of excellence and unparalleled drive for results in placing top talent across industries. Combining the reach of a conglomerate and the personalized attention of a small firm, we are revolutionizing our industry by providing consistency and quality in every search.
We work with candidates who are truly at the top of their game, and we seek to establish long-term, meaningful relationships with our clients. We know that every client is different, and we work closely with our clients to provide candidates tailored to their unique needs. As industry veterans, no one offers the depth and breadth of expertise that we do.
Our areas of expertise are Engineering, Manufacturing, Technology, Finance, Technical Sales and Supply Chain. Please contact us with your next recruiting requirement.
Posted date: 4 years ago
Browse Software Development Engineer jobs in Chicago, Illinois:
Software Development Engineer in Test NEW!
Cision Canada in Chicago, IL
Posted 3 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Software Development Engineer (Back End)
4C Insights in Chicago, IL
Posted 16 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Java / Groovy Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) - 12 + Month Contract in Chicago
Modis in Chicago, IL
Posted 3 days ago on ZipRecruiter