Sorry, this job was closed 1 year ago. See all open Agriculture Mechanic Jobs in Waco, TX
Job Title: Field Technician
Reports To: Owner
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for acquiring and use of safe, effective methods of assembly, repairing or reconditioning equipment to meet degree of customer satisfaction required while providing maximum profit to company. Competitive pay and benefits package
1. Previous experience
2. Knowledge of agricultural products
3. Good driving record
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Develop skills in assembly, disassembly and repair of components in machines.
2. Reconditions and repairs all engines, transmissions, tractors and outdoor power equipment
3. Performs service on diesel equipment, electrical equipment and hydraulic systems.
4. Reports to general manager any additional work required on machines to assure proper operation
5. Keeps records required to establish cost and service charges to customer.
6. Handles customer problems, both objectively and tactfully.
7. Maintains and cares for shop tools, equipment and vehicle as required.
8. Assists in directing work of helpers or on-the-job trainees and provides instructions as required.
9. Maintains a clean work area and performs miscellaneous duties associated with the job.
10. Follows all safety rules and regulations and uses safe practices in performing all work.
11. Makes field visits as needed.
12. Tests equipment after repair.
13. Other duties as assigned.
1. Must read and understand service manuals on all equipment.
2. Must understand calibration methods, standard and metric systems of measurement, and record
time spent on job.
3. Must use written language to record work done on equipment.
4. Must use or learn to use hydraulic equipment, hoists, power washers, all used for mechanical work.
5. Must use or learn to use all agricultural equipment including, but not limited to,
farm tractors and loaders.
6. Must drive service trucks when making field calls.
7. Must manipulate all mechanics tools necessary for diagnosing and repair of all agricultural
8. Must manipulate all bolts, screws, nuts, etc., and machine parts necessary for repair and diagnosing problems.
9. Must communicate with customers face-to-face and phone to discuss repair work.
10. Must communicate with co-workers for training purposes.
11. Must see small parts from 6" to 20" in distance for repair and diagnosing problems.
12. Must feel for parts that aren't usually seen during repair work.
13. Must manipulate objects weighing in excess of 60 lbs. from floor level to above shoulder level.
14. Must follow through with safety rules and regulations including, but not limited to, wearing
protective equipment and following standard procedures.
15. Must hear engine sounds for diagnosing problems.
16. Must safely move objects and/or parts to and from different areas of the shop such as large tools
and hydraulic equipment, etc.
17. Must reach over, under and behind equipment during repair work.
18. Must negotiate all types of terrain such as mud, cold weather, hills, etc.
CONDITIONS AFFECTING WORKING:
1. Outside weather conditions for mechanical work and/or field calls.
2. Working in a non-temperature-controlled shop.
3. Extensive shop noise from power tools and an engine.
4. Working with and around moving machinery.
5. Must be able to understand precautions in working with any type of explosive hazard such as
oxygen, acetylene, gas, diesel, spray solvents.
Kaddatz is an internationally known source for agriculture equipment and used, rebuilt, and new aftermarket parts since 1950! . We supply inventory to dealers, exporters, and customers. We have an extensive inventory of both new and used equipment at all times. Over 120 farm tractors and combines and more than 250 ag implements for salvage. We also farm corn, cotton, and wheat as well as raise cattle.
Company address: Waco, TX, USA
Posted date: 1 year ago
Browse Agriculture Mechanic jobs in Waco, TX:
Tarleton State University in Waco, TX
Posted 4 months ago on the web
RDO Equipment Co. in Hewitt, TX
Posted 13 days ago on Roomba Jobs
Cargill in Waco, TX
Posted yesterday on the web