Joe Taylor Restoration is seeking an experienced accountant to join our Finance team. The accountant will assist the Controller in the production of financial reports, maintenance of accounting records and development of budgets designed to enhance the accuracy of the Company's reported financial results.
Our accounting team is comprised of talented professionals who work well independently and collectively. Anyone joining the staff would need to not only have strong accounting skills but also fit well in our team-oriented environment.
The ideal candidate for this role is a dynamic leader who is detail-oriented, driven to succeed and welcomes accountability for their own work as well as those under their supervision. Those who do not wish to take ownership of their role in our success will not be a good fit.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
· Prepares monthly financial statements by the 10th business day of month, Includes balance sheet and profit and loss statements.
· Prepare accounting-related entries to expense prepaid accounts and record accruals.
· Calculate monthly commission in a timely manner.
· Provides guidance to Accounts Payable Bookkeeper when discrepancies in the records occur, ensuring accurate recording and classification of accounts payable transactions.
· Reconcile the bank account daily, ensuring transactions are recorded properly and accurately by A/R and A/P Specialists.
· Analyze balance sheets and selected P&L accounts monthly.
· Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
· Maintains the Fixed Asset Schedule and associated depreciation schedules; ensure proper recording of new purchases and disposals.
· Continuously evaluate and streamline processes.
· Any and all other duties assigned.
Education and/or Experience and Qualifications
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
Minimum Experience: 5 years of accrual accounting experience and/or training in a small/mid-size business
Knowledge, Skills and Expectations
Advanced experience with Microsoft Office, especially Excel
Experience with ERP, QuickBooks, CRM applications
Excellent leadership of peers
Exhibit adaptability, flexibility, self-control and maturity in work and behavior
Exhibit calm responsiveness to emergency or stressful situations
Recognize situations that require notification of a manager
Exhibit initiative to ensure all deadlines are met
Analyze, interpret and communicate data effectively both verbally and in writing
Effectively present information and respond to questions from leadership
Prioritize work assignments and complete tasks in a timely fashion
Operate as a team with co-workers by approaching relationships in a positive manner
About Joe Taylor Restoration:
For over 16 years our company has been providing services for mitigating and remediating water, fire, and mold in Florida. In this challenging and competitive industry we maintain a singular focus: To Provide an Unmatched Service Experience. Through stellar relationships with insurance carriers and agents throughout the state and with our outstanding team of professionals, Joe Taylor Restoration continues to grow and expand. We are fiercely competitive, rank integrity as our No. 1 core value, and are determined to further our growth and reputation as the most trusted and relied-upon restoration company in Florida.
Company address:855 NW 17th Avenue, Suite C, Delray Beach, FL 33445