GENERAL PURPOSE SUMMARY- Mortgage Operations Manager
Manages the mortgage loans processing function and team; monitors and maintains compliance with all applicable guidelines, policies and procedures and ensures internal and external customer service expectations are delivered by performing the following essential duties and responsibilities.
This person's primary responsibility will be to direct and manage day to day mortgage staff performance and meet deliverables of a team of loan processors, ensuring that loan pipeline is worked timely, accurately and efficiently. Assist in the management of the mortgage vendor relationships with our outsource partners as needed. This role will be responsible for setting reasonable team player performance expectation in line with company goal and initiatives that sets leadership expectation for high performance standards and support continual improvement. This person will also be responsible for working and collaborating with internal partners and department managers that ensures seamless customer service and operational excellence..
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Monitors and ensures timely processing and completion of all mortgage loan files by directing the work of mortgage processors bank-wide and coordinating with mortgage lending staff and management; reports status of loans to Division Head and originating Section Head.
- Regularly provides all necessary mortgage compliance and procedural training and coaching to processors, including proactive and timely follow up with internal and external customers to ensure excellent customer service and quality processing; trains processors and originators on automated underwriting systems.
- Reviews processed loan files as necessary prior to submitting to the Underwriting Unit to ensure underwriting and compliance standards and requirements are adhered to; reviews Good Faith Estimate submissions prior to delivery to customer.
- Handles and corrects customer issues arising during processing; coordinates resolution of processing software systems issues with designated mortgage system administrator.
- Coordinates development, interpretation, and implementation of processing procedures for new and existing loan programs and program changes; recommends to management ways to improve and streamline the processing function and maintains awareness of new trends and development in the real estate and insured-mortgage markets.
- Handles complex loans by collecting, verifying, updating and compiling loan file information according to underwriting guidelines.
- Provides administrative guidance regarding the processing function throughout the Mortgage Division.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned by mortgage supervisor.
MORTGAGE SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Manages the Processing Unit. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance; or four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of training and experience required. Complete, current knowledge of FHA/VA, FNMA,. Two years of supervisory experience preferred.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common business journals and technical manuals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with customers and all levels of bank employees.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, assess risk, draw valid conclusions and make sound decisions based on those conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several variables.