Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open Quality Inspector Jobs in Auburn Hills, MI
This employee will work closely with Production, Tooling, Maintenance, and the Quality Department to ensure product quality and production/delivery requirements.
NO OUT OF COUNTRY SPONSORSHIP AVAILABLE. MUST BE IN U.S. AND HAVE U.S. CITIZENSHIP.
RECOMMENDED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
· Post-secondary education or Equivalent
· Able to work scheduled overtime.
· Able to work shift work.
· Able to work flexible hours on short notice.
· Basic knowledge of Metrology
· Basic computer skills
· Self motivation and direction
· Time Management skills
· Must have good interpersonal and communication skills.
· Basic knowledge and use of measuring equipment (micrometers, calipers, indicators and height gauges)
· Good problem solving skills
· Good communication and organizational skills
· Previous exposure to Quality Assurance systems and requirements an asset
· Completion or enrollment in a Quality Technician Course from a Community or recognized college an asset
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Perform all duties and promote themselves in a manner that reflects the company’s expectations, company Visions/Values through Employee Charter
Follow and abide by all government, Legal, rules and regulations
· Contribute to employee suggestion program, continuous improvement and cost reduction activities
· Keep up to date knowledge and application of TS/ISO procedures and related work guidance, instructions and forms
· Has right and obligation to be informed about all changes and trends affecting his/her daily duties, assigned processes and overall performance through employee meetings, departmental meetings, daily check-in meetings, shift log book, quality alert log, ECN log etc.
· Perform Receiving Inspection or F/O, I/P, L/O, and other Containment inspection (GP-12, FPSC etc)
for assigned processes
· Perform push-out, torque and other performance testing (excluding weld destruct)
· Follow related document control procedure for configured forms, legit completion, control of existing, storage of completed forms and archiving activities
· Basic SPC knowledge used to monitor in/out of control condition
· Follow procedure for containment of suspected product and processes and participate in assigned containment activities
· Use CMS system for reporting containment, determine traceability, scrap from destructive testing, scrap and effort for sort/rework activities
· Use computerized CR system for assigned containment activities
· Operate basic measuring and testing equipment (micrometer, vernier, digital indicator, protractor, etc) including specific checking and testing fixtures
· Use computer to issue, revise, close quality alerts and update existing Control cards and related QA forms for assigned processes
· Participate in calibration of assigned gages using Gage Track, coordinate or participate in GR&R and other PPAP related activities
· Perform other duties as designated
· Advanced: Advanced SPC knowledge used to calculate capability, control limits, data collection units/sheets
· Advanced: Operate assigned CMM (Brown & Sharp, LK etc) for basic measurements and CMM operator back-up purpose
· Advanced: Participate in development and maintenance of error proofing system in QA domain
· Advanced: Participate in sample preparation and weld penetration measurement
· Work safely and follow all safety rules at all times.
· Report any unsafe or unhealthy conditions immediately.
· Know and understand all Federal, State and Local legislated duties.
· Play an active role in maintaining housekeeping in the area and ensure that area of responsibility is clean, tidy and organized at all times.
· Attend training as required or as assigned.
· Know what to do in an emergency.
· Know the operating instructions for all equipment and processes where you are assigned. Know the pre start-up inspection process, hazards, protective measures, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements, start and stop procedures and equipment limitations.
· Attend all physical examinations and tests including those required for respirator use and hearing protection.
· Be knowledgeable about any chemicals that you work with or that are in your immediate environment.
· Wear required PPE such as safety glasses, hearing protection, safety shoes, gloves, aprons, respirators and head protection
THIS IS A DIRECT PLACEMENT POSITION (NOT CONTRACT) and has a salary range of between $35K-$39K per year based on skills and qualifications.
PLEASE PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO THE COMPLETE JOB DESCRIPTION.
About Job Star:
Job Star is an Executive Placement company specializing in NATIONAL recruitment and DIRECT placement of high quality SALES REPRESENTATIVES.
Job Star is dedicated to the highest level of industry standards and integrity.
Posted 4 years ago
Browse Quality Inspector jobs in Auburn Hills, Michigan: