This employee will work closely with Production, Tooling, Maintenance, and the Quality Department to ensure product quality and production/delivery requirements.
NO OUT OF COUNTRY SPONSORSHIP AVAILABLE. MUST BE IN U.S. AND HAVE U.S. CITIZENSHIP.
RECOMMENDED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
· Post-secondary education or Equivalent
· Able to work scheduled overtime.
· Able to work shift work.
· Able to work flexible hours on short notice.
· Basic knowledge of Metrology
· Basic computer skills
· Self motivation and direction
· Time Management skills
· Must have good interpersonal and communication skills.
· Basic knowledge and use of measuring equipment (micrometers, calipers, indicators and height gauges)
· Good problem solving skills
· Good communication and organizational skills
· Previous exposure to Quality Assurance systems and requirements an asset
· Completion or enrollment in a Quality Technician Course from a Community or recognized college an asset
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Perform all duties and promote themselves in a manner that reflects the company’s expectations, company Visions/Values through Employee Charter
Follow and abide by all government, Legal, rules and regulations
· Contribute to employee suggestion program, continuous improvement and cost reduction activities
· Keep up to date knowledge and application of TS/ISO procedures and related work guidance, instructions and forms
· Has right and obligation to be informed about all changes and trends affecting his/her daily duties, assigned processes and overall performance through employee meetings, departmental meetings, daily check-in meetings, shift log book, quality alert log, ECN log etc.
· Perform Receiving Inspection or F/O, I/P, L/O, and other Containment inspection (GP-12, FPSC etc)
for assigned processes
· Perform push-out, torque and other performance testing (excluding weld destruct)
· Follow related document control procedure for configured forms, legit completion, control of existing, storage of completed forms and archiving activities
· Basic SPC knowledge used to monitor in/out of control condition
· Follow procedure for containment of suspected product and processes and participate in assigned containment activities
· Use CMS system for reporting containment, determine traceability, scrap from destructive testing, scrap and effort for sort/rework activities
· Use computerized CR system for assigned containment activities
· Operate basic measuring and testing equipment (micrometer, vernier, digital indicator, protractor, etc) including specific checking and testing fixtures
· Use computer to issue, revise, close quality alerts and update existing Control cards and related QA forms for assigned processes
· Participate in calibration of assigned gages using Gage Track, coordinate or participate in GR&R and other PPAP related activities
· Perform other duties as designated
· Advanced: Advanced SPC knowledge used to calculate capability, control limits, data collection units/sheets
· Advanced: Operate assigned CMM (Brown & Sharp, LK etc) for basic measurements and CMM operator back-up purpose
· Advanced: Participate in development and maintenance of error proofing system in QA domain
· Advanced: Participate in sample preparation and weld penetration measurement
· Work safely and follow all safety rules at all times.
· Report any unsafe or unhealthy conditions immediately.
· Know and understand all Federal, State and Local legislated duties.
· Play an active role in maintaining housekeeping in the area and ensure that area of responsibility is clean, tidy and organized at all times.
· Attend training as required or as assigned.
· Know what to do in an emergency.
· Know the operating instructions for all equipment and processes where you are assigned. Know the pre start-up inspection process, hazards, protective measures, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements, start and stop procedures and equipment limitations.
· Attend all physical examinations and tests including those required for respirator use and hearing protection.
· Be knowledgeable about any chemicals that you work with or that are in your immediate environment.
· Wear required PPE such as safety glasses, hearing protection, safety shoes, gloves, aprons, respirators and head protection
THIS IS A DIRECT PLACEMENT POSITION (NOT CONTRACT) and has a salary range of between $35K-$39K per year based on skills and qualifications.
PLEASE PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO THE COMPLETE JOB DESCRIPTION.