JibJab Media Inc is looking for a Systems Engineer/Administrator. You will maintain office infrastructure and provide assistance to Director of Systems in maintaining core infrastructure for the production website, JibJab.com. You will also provide user support in office environment located in Venice, CA.
* Design and implement systems architecture to support the production website and applications
* Write software eliminate manual, error prone procedures
* Dive deep into a problem to find the root cause for incidents
* Avoid re-inventing the wheel and prefer appropriately simple, repeatable solutions over more complex and failure prone ones
* Provide fast and reliable user support.
* Participate in 24/7 on-call duties.
* Be willing to sufficiently document critical infrastructure information into the team's wiki
* Have fun! Remember, we're funny people... mostly.
* Possess good troubleshooting and problem solving skills
* 3+ years of Linux/UNIX server and network administration experience.
* Knowledge of Mac OSX and Windows administration.
* Remote administration via SSH/Telnet, RDC, RDP.
* Experience in automation via shell scripting and Perl programming.
* Experience managing core services like DNS, DHCP, SMTP. We use djb's tinydns/dnscache, ISC DHCP3, and Postfix.
* Experience monitoring critical services with Nagios. We also use Ganglia and MRTG for metric and traffic graphing
* Working knowledge of Subversion
* Experience administering X.500 services like LDAP or Active Directory
* Experience with virtualization technologies such as Xen or KVM on the server side as well as VMWare Fusion, Parallels, or Oracle VirtualBox.
* Knowledge of VoIP technology.