Sorry, this job was closed 3 years ago. See all open VP Leadership Programs Jobs in Columbus, Ohio
The Central Ohio Jewish community (Columbus and surrounding counties) boasts a Jewish population of 22,000. With an Annual Campaign of $7.0 million and Jewish Foundation assets of $100 Million, we are a thriving Jewish community with two day schools, eight synagogues, Hillels, Kollel, Chabad, JCC, JFS, comprehensive residential services for the aged and those with special needs. Home to the largest state-university in the United States -The Ohio State University, the community also benefits from some of the most internationally recognized Jewish philanthropists including The Wexner Foundation, The Schottenstein Families and the Melton Family.
For more information about the Columbus Jewish community and the Federation, visit the website at www.jewishcolumbus.org
The Vice President – Leadership Programs is a multi-faceted role. First, this individual is responsible for the development, rollout and ongoing management of The Columbus Jewish Leadership Institute (CJLI). This Institute seeks to transform Columbus into a community that recognizes, celebrates and incorporates leadership development, innovation and collaboration amongst it institutions, volunteers and communal professionals. The programs themselves will:
· Engage train and inspire volunteer leadership
· Support and maximize the capacity of existing boards while increasing the partnership between agencies and synagogues
· Provide professional development, Jewish learning and collaborative opportunities for Jewish communal professionals.
Secondly, this individual is responsible for the vision for and program management of our Young Adult Division (YAD). This area focuses on a variety of activities including: social, spiritual & social action programming, connecting with Israel Experience participants prior to and upon their return to Columbus and tracking the achievements of the Growing Jewish Columbus program. Similarly this individual is responsible for Outreach programming with disparate groups including new members of the community, LGBT, Russians and others who are reluctant to participate in “formal” events within the Jewish community. There are two direct reports in this area.
This position reports directly to the President/CEO of the Jewish Federation and is a member of the Senior Management Team.
· Develop and rollout a comprehensive Leadership Development program for both lay and professionals that will expand over time to encompass a variety of programs and audiences.
Young Adult Division & Outreach
· Develop social, social action, networking and spiritual programming for Young Adults (ages 20-35). The target population includes but is not limited to the unaffiliated, inter-married couples, married with young families, Russians, LGBT and new community members
· Programming may include networking and affinity events, mentoring and skill-building. Social action programs should be developed in cooperation with JCRC and could include environmental projects and interfaith programs.
· This group should also be used selectively to provide advice to Federation leadership about the direction of the community based on their lifestyles. Over time, these young adults should be tapped for campaign gifts
SPECIAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The Central Ohio Jewish community (Columbus and surrounding counties) boasts a Jewish population of 25,000. With an Annual Campaign of $7.2 million and Jewish Foundation assets of $100+ million, we are a thriving Jewish community with two day schools, eight synagogues, Hillels, JCC, Jewish Family Services, comprehensive residential services for the aged and those with special needs, Chabad, and Kollel. Home to one of the largest state universities in the United States Â The Ohio State University, the community also benefits from some of the most internationally recognized Jewish philanthropists and foundations including The Wexner Foundation and The Schottenstein Families. For more information about the Columbus Jewish community and the Federation, visit our website at www.jewishcolumbus.org
Posted 3 years ago
Browse jobs in Columbus, Ohio:
Augustus Marketing in Columbus, OH
Posted 12 hours ago on ZipRecruiter
Augustus Marketing Inc in Columbus, OH
Posted yesterday on ZipRecruiter
Tailored Management in Columbus, OH
Posted yesterday on ZipRecruiter