Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open Operations Professional Jobs in Columbus, OH
VP Campaign Operations
Why Work Here?
“Awesome team, excellent benefits, room to grow professionally!”
The Central Ohio Jewish community (Columbus and surrounding counties) boasts a Jewish population of 22,000. With an Annual Campaign of $7.0 million and Jewish Foundation assets of $100 Million, we are a thriving Jewish community with two day schools, eight synagogues, Hillels, Kollel, Chabad, JCC, JFS, comprehensive residential services for the aged and those with special needs. Home to the largest state-university in the United States -The Ohio State University, the community also benefits from some of the most internationally recognized Jewish philanthropists including The Wexner Foundation, The Schottenstein Families and the Melton Family.
For more information about the Columbus Jewish community and the Federation, visit the website at www.jewishcolumbus.org
The Vice President – Campaign Operations is a vitally important role within Federation. This leader is responsible for creating campaign plans, coordinating solicitations, reporting on progress, development of campaign materials and ensuring high levels of customer service. To achieve these goals, he/she must work closely with the leaders of Donor Relations and Marketing. This individual will manage relationships with select volunteer leadership and committees. He/she will have one direct report.
Primary objectives of this position include: enhancing total Federation fundraising, overseeing development and implementation of a strategic approach to integrate Fundraising activities on behalf of Federation and the Jewish community and working with the Federation CEO and VP Donor Relations in the area of Major Gifts. Over time, this individual will work to shift the paradigm that the Federation Annual Campaign as the top fundraising goal, to increasing collaboration with all Jewish entities so total financial resources raised in the whole community is viewed as the ultimate goal.
This position reports directly to the President/CEO of the Jewish Federation and is a member of the Senior Management Team.
· Develop a long term plan for a customer-centric fundraising model. Create and deliver the annual plan, involving professional peers and relevant lay leaders, in the development process to utilize their expertise and cultivate their support.
· Solidify a coordinated development infrastructure to support short-and long-term fundraising goals.
· Develop and implement a more comprehensive Donor Relationship Management system. This system should ensure that donor information is effectively and efficiently maintained and prospect cultivation activity is appropriately tracked. Additionally this system should ensure exceptional customer service to all donors and prospects.
· Develop and maintain strong working relationships with synagogues, federated agencies and community leaders; including the identification and implementation of innovative, collaborative fundraising efforts serving Federation and its partners.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a liberal arts or business field is required.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of related experience in financial resource development, logistics, sales, or management is required.
- Transferable sales management skills from other industries are of interest.
- A minimum of 3 years of related supervisory and leadership experience.
- Knowledge of the Jewish community and its institutions is strongly preferred.
SPECIAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent people skills and the ability to successfully interact with senior executives and high net worth individuals.
- Proven ability to supervise, manage, coach and develop a team of professionals.
- Direct experience with sales management and organizational change initiatives.
- Ability to think strategically and guide others in a strategic planning process.
- PC literacy with strong competency in all Microsoft Office Suite programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) Outlook and GiftTraq software.
- Strong knowledge of social networking and e-communication technology and methodology.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and maintain confidential information.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with proven organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills including both verbal and written. Strong public speaking skills.
- Willingness to work some evenings, weekends or irregular hours as necessary to interact with donors and prospects and attend relevant meetings and community events.
About Jewish Federation of Columbus:
The Central Ohio Jewish community (Columbus and surrounding counties) boasts a Jewish population of 25,000. With an Annual Campaign of $7.2 million and Jewish Foundation assets of $100+ million, we are a thriving Jewish community with two day schools, eight synagogues, Hillels, JCC, Jewish Family Services, comprehensive residential services for the aged and those with special needs, Chabad, and Kollel. Home to one of the largest state universities in the United States The Ohio State University, the community also benefits from some of the most internationally recognized Jewish philanthropists and foundations including The Wexner Foundation and The Schottenstein Families. For more information about the Columbus Jewish community and the Federation, visit our website at www.jewishcolumbus.org
Posted date: 4 years ago
Browse Operations Professional jobs in Columbus, Ohio:
Leaders Moving & Storage Company in Columbus, OH
Posted 4 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Security & Operations Professional - Columbus
Tiffany & Co. in Columbus, OH
Posted 21 days ago on iCIMS
All My Sons Moving & Storage in Hilliard, OH
Posted 5 days ago on ZipRecruiter