Jet Tool & Cutter is looking to hire a tool inspector to our clean state of the art Southington facility that appreciates working hard with a group of co-workers that is working hard too. The cutting tools we make are used in the aerospace industry and must be held to very high level of quality using standard equipment such as micrometers, calipers, comparators and indicators. Candidate will also be trained in the operation of our Genius 3 non-contact CMM machine for tool inspection from Zoller .
Responsible for performing inspection of finished products.
1. Perform final quality inspection of finished products in accordance with established procedures.
2. Document all instances of rejected product or raw material problems to management.
3. Inspect incoming raw materials as materials are received.
4. Document appropriate information for quality inspection reports for each order.
5. Create and maintain current files for all quality related correspondence.
6. Report any unusual discrepancies or problems promptly to management.
7. Perform necessary maintenance of equipment as needed.
8. Perform internal audits.
9. Perform other related duties as assigned.
* Proficient with Calipers, Micrometers, Comparators, etc
* General math background
* Must be computer literate (Windows environment)
* Self motivated and able to work independently
* ISO 9001:2015 and/or AS9100 experience is a plus!
Salary depending on experience
40 hrs/wk , occasional OT available
* Competitive Pay
* Clean, air-conditioned work environment
* Health Insurance
* Dental Insurance
* 401k with Employer match
***In your response, include information as to why you would be a good candidate for training in this area and any prior experiences that we should consider.***
Jet Tool & Cutter specializes in the manufacture and resharpening of precision carbide cutting tools for the metalworking industry.