Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open Legal Assistant Jobs in Chicago, IL
Legal Assistant/Trial Experience
We are currently recruiting for a top notch Litigation Assistant. This assistant must be comfortable working with the latest technology and possess excellent litigation skills. Must be able to travel for trials. This is a great opportunity for the right person.
* Organizes cases by establishing and organizing files; establishing calendars; expediting requirements and deadlines; documenting actions.
* Develops cases by researching pertinent law; scheduling depositions; preparing and forwarding summonses and subpoenas; drafting complaints and discovery; preparing and filing discovery requests; preparing responses to opposing counsel; generating status reports.
* Manages cases by preparing case summaries, brochures for mediation conferences, exhibits, and related correspondence; scheduling mediation conferences and hearings; drafting pleadings; monitoring and obtaining discovery responses; initiating and maintaining contact with adjusters and opposing counsel; reviewing case with investigator; contributing information to the team case review.
* Helps clients by initiating and maintaining contact; preparing clients to answer discovery; keeping clients informed of case status.
* Supports trial proceedings by organizing evidence and exhibits; taking notes; scheduling witnesses; ensuring that witnesses arrive as scheduled.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
* Accomplishes law firm mission by completing related results as needed.
Research Skills, Legal Administration Skills, Litigation, Client Relationships, Organization, Attention to Detail, Confidentiality, Dependability, Client Confidentiality
About Jean Kripton Inc.:
Jean Kripton Inc. is a boutique staffing firm serving Chicago and its surrounding suburbs for over 30 years. Our clients include, top law firms and corporations. Our specialites include: legal, support staff, accounting and finance, administrative, human resource professional, on a direct-hire and temporary/temp to perm basis. If you are seeking top talent or are wanting to find the right position, we are the firm to choose.
Posted date: 4 years ago
Browse Legal Assistant jobs in Chicago, Illinois: