Sorry, this job was closed 3 years ago. See all open Legal Assistant Jobs in Chicago, Illinois
We are currently recruiting for a top notch Litigation Assistant. This assistant must be comfortable working with the latest technology and possess excellent litigation skills. Must be able to travel for trials. This is a great opportunity for the right person.
* Organizes cases by establishing and organizing files; establishing calendars; expediting requirements and deadlines; documenting actions.
* Develops cases by researching pertinent law; scheduling depositions; preparing and forwarding summonses and subpoenas; drafting complaints and discovery; preparing and filing discovery requests; preparing responses to opposing counsel; generating status reports.
* Manages cases by preparing case summaries, brochures for mediation conferences, exhibits, and related correspondence; scheduling mediation conferences and hearings; drafting pleadings; monitoring and obtaining discovery responses; initiating and maintaining contact with adjusters and opposing counsel; reviewing case with investigator; contributing information to the team case review.
* Helps clients by initiating and maintaining contact; preparing clients to answer discovery; keeping clients informed of case status.
* Supports trial proceedings by organizing evidence and exhibits; taking notes; scheduling witnesses; ensuring that witnesses arrive as scheduled.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
* Accomplishes law firm mission by completing related results as needed.
Research Skills, Legal Administration Skills, Litigation, Client Relationships, Organization, Attention to Detail, Confidentiality, Dependability, Client Confidentiality
Jean Kripton Inc. is a boutique staffing firm serving Chicago and its surrounding suburbs for over 30 years. Our clients include, top law firms and corporations. Our specialites include: legal, support staff, accounting and finance, administrative, human resource professional, on a direct-hire and temporary/temp to perm basis. If you are seeking top talent or are wanting to find the right position, we are the firm to choose.
Browse legal assistant jobs in Chicago, Illinois: