Fantastic local Chicago opportunity for experienced SAP Project Manager looking to reduce travel.
Our client is a regional systems integrator with a long-term project in Chicago and is in need of a seasoned SAP Project Manager to drive through implementation, testing and go-live of a multi-phased SAP implementation that will last several years. The project is with one of the largest agricultural products firms in the world, and the scope of the project will also include integration with both US and international business units.
Specific knowledge in shipping and logistics as well as related financial transactions will be a huge plus. A third party SaaS logistics solution is currently being integrated with the broader SAP implementation, so experience working with related integrations will be essential in helping to guide the client and interfacing with other Tier 1 vendors who will be providing project team support.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Managing SAP integration while managing expectations in a multi-stakeholder environment
- Ensuring business requirements are met through test-case scenarios
- Ensuring compliance for both internal and external audit tests
- Thorough testing, defect identification/documentation and resolution with third-party software providers
- SAP Customer Order and Financial transaction integration
- Helping manage Error Handling and Controls between SAP and third party software
- 5+ years SAP Project Management experience with at least two Full Lifecycle ECC implementations
- Experience integrating third party software with SAP(preferably logistics)
- Demonstrated experience with Supply Chain Management software(SAP or otherwise and multiple products would be a plus)
- Specific SCM knowledge should include: customer order ship-to’s, truck/rail/barge check-in, load, check-out, Bill of Lading/documents, financial AR/AP transaction feedback. In addition, you should have knowledge around periodic inventory update transactions, the client net inventory balances against the sum of product moved each month and posts inventory changes, etc.