Posted 2 years ago in Computer/Software
Job Description Ishi Systems is looking for an exceptional DevOps/Systems Engineer to join our growing Development Operations team. You will be a part of a new and upcoming squad responsible for bridging the gap between the Operations and Development team. For this you need to be/have –
· 5+ years of experience in system administration and troubleshooting on Linux platform
· Experience developing with one or more scripting languages like PERL, Shell, Python etc
· Experience with monitoring highly available distributed systems utilizing systems like NagiosXI, Cacti, Ganglia, Splunk, Graylog
· Experience with automated deployment and configuration management using systems such as Puppet or Chef
· Demonstrated capability with multi-platform build and continuous integration systems such as Jenkins, CruiseControl
· Experience with App servers and web servers such as JBoss, Weblogic, Tomcat, Apache, Nginx
· Familiar with software and product development processes and lifecycle especially with regards to SaaS delivery
· Should have development experience with Java, knowledgeable about JVM
· Experience working with relational databases such as Oracle or MySQL
· Experience in configuring and working with virtual hosting environments
· Experience in production release preparation and coordination
· Must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of management and all stakeholders.
· Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Experience in working with international, heterogeneous teams
Role and Responsibilities:
· Help to design, implement and execute monitoring solutions and services for high availability and performance.
· Work with development and infrastructure teams to build supportable systems. Leverage products like Puppet, Splunk, Nagios XI, Cacti
· Configure monitoring , diagnostics and logging to efficiently detect existing issues and predict future issues based on trends.
· Improve performance and scalability in system environments by researching, evaluating and recommending new technology products and services.
· Automate deployment and configuration of systems.
· Manage timely resolution of all critical and/or complex problems meeting SLA requirements (L3 level support).
· Partner with engineering and business teams to deliver on strategies and business priorities.
· Will require being available On-call 24x7(some days) to support mission critical environments.
What you will also get to do:
· Work on the cutting edge of a wide range of innovative technologies.
· Architect solutions for large scalable and robust systems.
· Design software-defined networks and secure data access.
· Generate code to accelerate configuration management.
Tools you will work on:
· JBoss, Weblogic, Tomcat, Apache, Nginx
· Nagios XI , Cacti, Ganglia , JMX
· Puppet , Maven, Jenkins
· Hadoop, MongoDB ,Redis
· HornetQ, RabbitMQ
· Oracle, SQL
· AWS (or similar environment),VMware
· Shell, PERL, Python
Ishi Systems Inc. is an IT solutions provider based in the New York area. Ishi's offerings include Portals, Workflow and Application Security Solutions, Mobile Application Development, Messaging Solutions and Product Development.
Browse devops engineer jobs in Jersey City, New Jersey:
Adecco Employment Services - New York, NY
Posted yesterday on ZipRecruiter - ZipApply
Aureus Group - Jersey City, NJ
Posted 7 days ago on ZipRecruiter - ZipApply
Career Path Group - Parsippany-Troy Hills, NJ
Posted 2 days ago on ZipRecruiter - ZipApply