Your feedback helps keep ZipRecruiter safe.
Learn more about how to recognize common online scams
“Chicago's premier sex-positive LGBTQ+ group therapy practice offering amazing benefits and a great company culture!”
The LPC Therapist will provide individual, group, relational, and family therapy services to the LGBTQ+ community. The ideal candidate will have experience working with clients on multicultural, kink, polyamorous, and/or intersectional issues and should have a high level of emotional intelligence, self-awareness, and demonstrated multicultural competence in working with all facets of the LGBTQ+ community. Individuals with interest, training, or experience working with individuals with significant trauma histories, including racialized trauma both in and out of the workplace, are highly sought.
The LPC Therapist will build up to and maintain at least 22 direct clinical contact hours per week. The LPC Therapist is expected to engage in weekly clinical supervision, weekly group supervision with our therapists, study and prepare for the NCMHCE, prepare and submit Illinois licensure paperwork, and engage in ongoing research, training, and mentorship necessary to specialize in queer-focused, multicultural therapy.
The LPC program at IntraSpectrum Counseling is a 30-month program that takes LPC Therapists through licensure as an LCPC. Successful LPC Therapists will be offered a permanent position as a Therapist at IntraSpectrum Counseling at the end of the program. The program length may be adjusted based upon how many clinical supervision hours an individual already has, and the program may end early if an individual meets the necessary requirements for and obtains licensure more quickly.
Successful LPC Therapists will be offered a permanent position as a Therapist at IntraSpectrum Counseling at the end of the program. While this position is based out of one of our offices in Chicago, travel to our other locations in the Chicagoland metropolitan area is expected from time to time.
LOCATION & SCHEDULE
This position will work Sunday - Thursday with Friday and Saturday off. The position is based out of our Andersonville office at 1511 W Berwyn Avenue with one day at our Loop office at 180 N Michigan Avenue. The LPC Therapist will work:
IntraSpectrum Counseling provides competitive compensation through a weekly base salary and a split fee. For more information about our compensation, please see the compensation page on our website.
BENEFITS OF INTRASPECTRUM COUNSELING
IntraSpectrum Counseling offers significant benefits to our team members. A detailed list of benefits is available on our website. Our benefits include:
● Group health insurance with ISC-paid contribution
● Dental insurance
● ISC-paid vision insurance for team members
● Healthcare, dependent care, transit, and parking flexible spending accounts
● Unlimited paid time off for vacation or sickness
● Paid holidays
● Standard and Roth 401(k) plans with eligibility for ISC contribution matching
● Access to an unlimited CEU platform
● Stipend for NCMHCE study package with AATBS
● Reimbursement of NCMHCE application and IDFPR licensing fees for LCPC license
● Reimbursement of professional association fees
● Professional liability insurance
● ISC-paid short-term disability insurance
● ISC-paid long-term disability insurance
● ISC-paid group life and AD&D insurance
● ISC-paid emergency travel assistance protection
● ISC-paid identity theft protection
● ISC-paid employee assistance program (EAP)
● Voluntary critical illness insurance
● Voluntary accidental injury insurance
● Voluntary hospital indemnity insurance
● Language fluency salary bonus
● Eligibility for discretionary bonuses
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as the Clinical Director or their direct manager may deem necessary from time to time.
All LPC Therapists will be provided training and supervision on fulfilling the responsibilities listed below. It is expected that the LPC Therapist will grow more independent in their ability to execute the below responsibilities throughout the duration of the fellowship program.
Team and Administrative Responsibilities
• M.A. or M.S. in psychology, or a related field, from an accredited program.
• An active Illinois LPC license is strongly preferred but not required. Individuals without an active Illinois LPC license must be willing to apply for their LPC license within 60 days of hire.
• One year of post-graduate clinical experience is preferred but not required.
• Knowledge and understanding of HIPAA and related healthcare regulations and laws.
• Strict adherence to the ethical principles governing confidentiality and privacy.
• Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated interest in working with the LGBTQ+ community required. Demonstrated training or experience in working with the LGBTQ+ community preferred.
• Ability and willingness to explore and process various aspects of intersectionality with clients is required. Demonstrated training or experience in working with clients on multicultural, kink, polyamorous, and/or intersectional issues is preferred.
• Fluency in a foreign language is strongly preferred but not required.
• Excellent consulting and case management skills.
• Able to establish effective working relationships across all organizational levels and with all practice personnel.
• Must be self-motivated and be able to work both independently and in a team environment to meet or exceed goals.
• Must display high levels of emotional intelligence and willingness and ability to engage in self-reflection.
• Must have a high degree of discretion in working with sensitive and confidential information.
• Strong project management, time-management, and multi-tasking skills with the ability to manage competing expectations, prioritize effectively and deliver high-quality, error-free work.
• Must be able to confidently prioritize and reprioritize based on evolving needs or in response to new information.
• Must have strong organizational skills, including the ability to categorize, sort, and utilize information and/or materials in a meaningful, efficient, and logical manner.
• Ability to carefully proof all work and use proper grammar, spelling, syntax, punctuation, and sentence structure.
• A strong sense of professionalism about all aspects of the job, including appearance and demeanor.
• Must be accessible and comfortable with a virtual reporting structure for self.
• Must possess a growth mindset.
• Must possess ability and willingness to work in a for-profit, group practice environment.
• Must be able to work nights and weekends.
• Must be eligible to work in the United States.
• Must have reliable transportation. Access to a car is not required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone. This position requires sitting for long periods of time and requires the ability to lift 20 pounds. This position requires the ability to stand, pull, and reach for various items of different weights and varying degrees of height. The ability to work nights and weekends is required. The ability to travel as requested on occasion is required.
Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
IntraSpectrum Counseling is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Company address: 1511 W Berwyn Ave, Chicago, IL 60640
Posted date: 4 days ago
ZipRecruiter provides pay estimates when companies do not include pay in the job post. ZipRecruiter estimates are based on pay from similar jobs (in similar areas), may change over time, and may not be indicative of pay for the position. ZipRecruiter provides estimates for convenience only, and makes no guarantees or promises regarding any expected or actual job payment.
What email should the hiring manager contact you at?
We're sending you an email you can use to verify and access your account. If you'd like to create a password, create one here.