• Possesses extensive knowledge of one or more database systems, and is capable of hands-on work in all phases of database design and mangement.
• Designs, develops, and implements infrastructure to provide highly-complex, reliable, and scalable database design to meet the organization's objectives and requirements.
• Analyzes organization's business requirements for database design, and implements changes to databases as required.
• Performs systems analysis on database, and resolves performance, capacity, and replication issues as necessary.
• Provides detailed design and specification documentation, including flowcharts, for all aspects of the database.
• Participates in the identification, prioritization, and development of technical initiatives and strategies.
• Develops and maintains database standards and naming conventions.
• May supervise other contractors.
• This Oracle Data Architect determines how data is processed, stored, and utilized in an Oracle enterprise system.
• They provide criteria for data processing operations that make it possible to design data flows and also control the flow of data in the systems.
• The successful candidate will have extensive knowledge of Oracle data types, object and segment types as well as experience with Oracle replication technologies.
• The Oracle Data Architect develops and maintains logical and physical data modeling of the enterprise data environment and puts in place standards for data structures and code.
• This position will assist development teams with performance tuning of existing and new queries. Additional responsibilities include daily operational support duties.
Education: Four year college degree in computer science or related field with advanced study preferred.