The Payroll Clerk will work with all employees and corporate office to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll and answer general employee questions regarding payroll.
- Maintains payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data.
- Collect, summarize and process timekeeping information attendance records for hourly employees and salaried employees and export to payroll system.
- Updates payroll records by entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job title and department/division transfers.
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
- Resolves payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains payroll operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Process and issue annual W-2 forms to employees.
- Work with accounting on any questions related to payroll adjustments.
- 3+ years Payroll experience (ADP experience is a plus), General Accounting, A/R and A/P.
- Associates degree in business preferred.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Experience working in a retail environment entering Union Payroll is a plus.
- Capability of exercising extreme discretion and independent judgment.
- Dependability to handle extremely confidential information in a professional manner.
- Must be able to work under the stress of and meet deadlines.
To ensure that we continue to hire competent, ethical and trustworthy individuals, all candidates will be required to complete a thorough background check prior to receiving any final offer of employment from International Shoppes.
*We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
About International Shoppes:
International Shoppes is a specialty retailer that has, for more than 60 years, operated airport retail and duty free facilities. Our Company is all about delivering the best service and product assortment to the traveling public.
International Shoppes operates the duty free concessions throughout the Northeast including JFK International Airport, Boston Logan and Philadelphia International Airport. In addition, we operate multiple branded shops throughout JFK including boutiques from Cartier, Hermes, Salvatore Ferragamo, Mont Blanc, Bvlgari, Hugo Boss, Estee Lauder, Clinique and L'Occitane, as well as our own multi-branded concept store called "iS Style."
Our subsidiary, Diplomatic Duty Free Shops of New York, services the Diplomatic Communities by offering the same great products that we sell at our airport locations to local diplomats. We currently service diplomats in Manhattan, NY and Washington, D.C.
International Shoppes operates from a corporate office and warehouse facility located centrally in Valley Stream, NY.