International Shoppes is hiring several positions within our Inventory Department.INVENTORY CLERK
- Cycle counts: An inventory clerk’s primary responsibility is to participate in the physical count of merchandise. A part of the cycle count process is the investigation and resolution of any discrepancies that arise from a physical count of merchandise.
- Data Retrieval: As part of the research process, an inventory clerk is expected to be able to retrieve relevant data from various sources, i.e. warehouse entries, replenishments, transfers, etc.
- Data Entry: In order to facilitate easier retrieval of data, an inventory clerk is expected to maintain various logs on different types of transactions that are conducted on a daily basis.
- Product Identification: An inventory clerk is expected to learn the various product lines as well as being able to identify inconsistencies in the way items are marked.
- Proficiency with Excel is required
- Excellent verbal communications.
- Some Travel Required.
- Capable to process a high-volume of paper flow
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision
- Must be capable of light lifting.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must pass Port Authority Security Clearance.
ASSISTANT INVENTORY MANAGER
- Audits and reconciles inventory reports by examining distribution warehouse reports for inventory discrepancies
- Reconciling entries with inventory system from warehouse inventory reports, variances and completing physical counts
- Works closely with Inventory Manager and Buyers.
- Manage and train an inventory team in a fast paced environment.
- Review records and recommend remedial actions for reported non-usable, slow moving items, and excess stock
- Prepare reports by collecting and analyzing data
- Track, investigate and resolve loss prevention issues
- Manage/maintain accurate records of quantity, type and value of merchandise.
- Must be well organized, detail oriented, and able to multi-task and handle a high volume of workload
- 2+ years of Inventory experience.
- Mandatory flexibility to work nights and weekends.
- Very strong overall computer skills and knowledge of spreadsheets and Microsoft Office Suite
- Understanding of bar-coding and general product flow.
- Knowledge and experience using various inventory systems.
- Be an energetic team player.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- MUST BE ABLE TO TRAVEL OVERNIGHT OCCASSIONALLY.
To ensure that we continue to hire competent, ethical and trustworthy individuals, all candidates will be required to complete a thorough Port Authority Security background check prior to receiving any final offer of employment from International Shoppes. Of course our commitments don't stop with our customers. If you're up to the challenge of International Shoppes, we'll make it worth your while. You'll be working in a great team environment. Not to mention a compensation and benefits package that's among the best around. Join us and see what it means to become part of the International Shoppes experience. *We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
About International Shoppes:
International Shoppes is a specialty retailer that has, for more than 60 years, operated airport retail and duty free facilities. Our Company is all about delivering the best service and product assortment to the traveling public.
International Shoppes operates the duty free concessions throughout the Northeast including JFK International Airport, Boston Logan and Philadelphia International Airport. In addition, we operate multiple branded shops throughout JFK including boutiques from Cartier, Hermes, Salvatore Ferragamo, Mont Blanc, Bvlgari, Hugo Boss, Estee Lauder, Clinique and L'Occitane, as well as our own multi-branded concept store called "iS Style."
Our subsidiary, Diplomatic Duty Free Shops of New York, services the Diplomatic Communities by offering the same great products that we sell at our airport locations to local diplomats. We currently service diplomats in Manhattan, NY and Washington, D.C.
International Shoppes operates from a corporate office and warehouse facility located centrally in Valley Stream, NY.