Vision, Medical, Dental
IIA is a fast growing research and advisory firm. We help companies build and maintain world-class analytics programs that create competitive differentiation. We are experts at strategically integrating the business, organizational and technical disciplines required to compete and win on analytics. We provide solutions in the areas of enterprise and departmental analytics program development, organizational design, communication strategy, data governance, technology strategy, vendor selection, business development and commercialization.
IIA is hiring a Senior Consultant / Principal at its corporate headquarters, located in Portland, Oregon. This is a critical services delivery position that requires a unique combination of skills and experience. The Senior Consultant is responsible for successfully delivering customer engagements using their own expertise and IIA’s proven techniques, models, published research, and IIA’s network of Subject Matter Experts (SME’s).
Service Delivery Activities:
- Serve as Senior Consultant on IIA engagements with the experience and credibility to identify, deliver and communicate the key findings and recommendations to a client.
- Document the current customer state, support the identification of issues, weaknesses and opportunities for improvement.
- Serve as architect – leveraging IIA’s proven techniques, models, and published research –for solutions that balance business goals, organizational capabilities, and analytics technology.
- Serve as project manager for the coordination of the IIA contractors and IIA Subject Management Experts involved in advisory engagements.
- Build strategic relationships with clients and key decision makers.
- Monitor programs, projects, metrics, etc. to ensure on time delivery of engagements and overall customer satisfaction.
Business and Analytics Knowledge:
- Can clearly explain IIA’s research and advisory services in industry verticals.
- Can clearly articulate analytic trends in industry verticals and common themes across industries.
- Has ability to articulate how analytics are applied to improve business outcomes.
- Can identify the business opportunities of applying analytics.
- Can identify organizational dynamics, roadblocks, issues, etc. that can prevent successful analytics programs.
Attitude and Professionalism:
- Capable of developing and demonstrating consulting thought-leadership both internally and externally.
- Projects the depth, insight and confidence to work with senior business leaders.
- Motivates others to work in harmony for team, engagement & company goals.
- Displays honesty, integrity, and fairness when working with both IIA customers and internal stakeholders.
Desired Skills & Experience
- College degree required, advanced degree / MBA preferred
- 8+ years of relevant professional experience
- 4+ years of relevant business and/or technology consulting experience. Experience in Teir-1 firm a plus
- 2+ years of project management leadership experience
- Background in data and analytics
- Experience managing projects and meeting deadlines, despite dependencies
- Experience working in retail, healthcare, banking, manufacturing, energy/utility or other analytics driven industries preferred
Capabilities (areas of skills or knowledge required for success):
- Creative problem solver able to analyze complex business process and technology issues through your experience, training and ability to conduct research
- Ability to defend ideas/point of views to clients, team members and business leaders
- Aptitude to thrive in a fast-paced team atmosphere, while defining issues/hypotheses, performing complex analysis, and assisting with preparation and recommendations of solution alternatives
- Self-starter with a passion for client service and solving complex business issues
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships at the executive level
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels of an organization
- Able to offer practical and actionable guidance
- Excellent listening and observation skills
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Project management skills
- Strong knowledge of analytics business applications and industry trends
Characteristics (personal context required for success e.g. values, traits, personal style):
- Works independently; self-motivated with high energy
- High level of personal integrity
- Organized, detail oriented and executes thoroughly
- Resourceful and curious
- Customer focused
About International Institute for Analytics:
Founded in 2010 by CEO Jack Phillips and Research Director Thomas H. Davenport, the International Institute for Analytics is an independent research firm that works with organizations to build strong and competitive analytics programs.
IIA offers unbiased advice in an industry dominated by hardware and software vendors, consultants and system integrators. With a vast network of analytics experts, academics and leaders at successful companies, we guide our clients as they build and grow successful analytics programs.
Since its inception, IIA has worked with more than 200 organizations from around the world, sharing the keys to analytics maturity so that our clients gain an edge in an economy increasingly driven by data. Through in-depth research library, moderated phone calls, webinars and events, our clients get the guidance and expertise needed to compete on analytics and win.
All Jobs at International Institute for Analytics
viewed this job.
Posted 18 days ago