Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open Program Lead Jobs in New York, NY
Platform & Program Lead
Your role as the Platform & Program Lead, iOne Publishing Studios is represent the business goals and needs of the iOne Publishing Platform and all publishing customers including O&O National brands, 54 Local brands (largely Radio station sites and streaming services), and Studios Partners (3rd party publishing partners, and translate those goals and needs into a coherent and strategic offering online that results in growing overall listening & participating audience; and secondly, to deliver audio, video, and publishing extensions to mobile & extended devices, potentially including set-top boxes, text messaging, and automated alerts that bring the radio, video, and published content directly to every potential customer in the language of their current context, no matter where they are and no matter what devices they are using to connect.
In addition to product strategy & management, your role is expanded to include matrix management of a team of producers, programmers and web developers. In this capacity you will work on improving customer request & communications processes, improving execution throughput, and managing a high volume of timely requirements from all publishers (local, national and Studios) – as well as in mentoring and supporting your teams.
A successful the Platform & Program Lead, iOne Publishing Studios will be able to demonstrate a growth in overall iOne Publishing Studios audience and a growth in amounts of Mobile audiences and targeted mobile experiences. The position will be an authority in the company, and ideally become an external authority who becomes known outside the company for innovative and successful ideas, strategies, and tactics. And importantly, this position will be both a leader of teams, and an effective matrix manager, liaising not only with Studios stakeholders but also all publishing customers, which naturally means just about every product line in Interactive One.
- Represent iOne’s “Team Media” as the Platform & Program Product Lead who owns roadmapping, product strategy, project management and day to day team operations, in collaboration with the SVP of Products & Studios (as your direct manager) and various matrix stakeholders.
- Grow & mature Interactive One’s publishing operations by stabilizing, securing, and increasing the publishing agility of our WordPress implementations
- Support a team of WordPress developers and Producers in day to day execution of project deliverables, issue management and resolution, and Studios client delivery.
- Collaborate effectively with and manage multiple vendors including WordPress VIP, our managed hosting provider for iOne Studios.
- Attend and grow network in “Big Media” publishers, particularly in New York by attending WordPress VIP and other meetups, and growing awareness of and conversational influence over, how other VIP publishers (e.g. New York Times, CNN, CBS, NBC, Time Inc) excel in their businesses.
- Drive iOne’s 2013 Mobile App strategy and execution
- Integrate Streaming Audio & Video products and Photo-based experiences, including but not limited to BlackPlanet Radio, Video hubs powered by Ooyala, and photo galleries on both desktop ,mobile web, and mobile apps.
- Conduct business analysis to find, and envision the highest-value strategic offerings for many other extensions / distribution channels, to truly bring Interactive One, Radio One & TV One content to the highest concentration of potential addressable audience, with the greatest frequency based on their usage habits & device choices
- Stay up to date on all things Internet Radio, Local and Mobile devices / industry standards, and be able to respond authoritatively at a moment’s notice on questions in these areas.
- Generate meaningful, actionable product feedback that informs product features, performance, experience and customer satisfaction
- Provide in-depth market, industry and competitive analysis and positioning
- Run qualitative and quantitative market research and feedback programs to help plan future products leveraging the data
- Positively contribute to the overall design and development of products in collaboration with a dedicated team of design and development professionals
- Report on product results, including: usage, costs, revenues and contribution
- Plan and execute product optimization and enhancements through A/B testing
- Persuade others cross-functionally and cross-departmentally to do what is right for the consumer and for the business
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively and drives delivery with technology teams both internal and 3rd party
- Proven success rate for creating profitable products
- Manage trade-offs between the need to optimize existing product lines and invest in the development of new products
- Understand that a significant part of managing a product line involves extracting ideas/information from multiple sources, and arriving at the best outcome given the information at hand
- Realize the best products involve a marriage of business value creation, user happiness, and the exploitation of emerging technologies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Self-starter with solid understanding of the Internet and its key performance indicators
- Expert in all areas regarding a product – consumers, marketplace, technology, competition, analysts, trends, etc.
- Comfortable working in both Lean and Agile Software Development environments
- Ability to prioritize feature stories based upon explicit value to the business
- Monitor online marketing placements and optimize accordingly
- Ability to devise recirculation strategies to drive qualified traffic between the Radio sites / extensions, BlackPlanet Radio, Content Verticals, Studio Partners, and/or other products within the portfolio
- Demonstrated analytical skills and the ability to devise strategies based on data
- Experience with Omniture, Google Analytics, comScore or comparable tools
- An overarching positivity for iOne’s business, values, and mission, with the ability to energize, motivate and inspire others with an infectious mix of enthusiasm and acumen.
- 2 or more years influencing and leading teams
- 5-8 years product management, marketing & leadership experience in digital media, streaming media and/or mobile apps.
- Product Management experience
- Project Management experience
- Mobile Products Experience & API / webservices-based product conception / development / management
- Web Production experience & leadership
- Experience in developing components optimized for social sharing
- Experience with market and data-driven product development
- Experience building & pitching business cases for new products and new business opportunities
- Excellent presentation and writing skills and ability to successfully sell ideas and interact across functions and at all levels of an organization
- Expertise in web services-based product development
- Community: We embrace the entire IONE community: our audience, our employees and our clients
- Innovation: We consistently strive to innovate by creating unique user experiences, original content, products and solutions.
- Integrity: Integrity is the foundation of our business.
- Teamwork: We move as ONE team toward the common goal.
- Openness: We understand that openness is essential to building trust internally within our community and externally.
- Leadership: We are all LEADERS, and we lead by example.
About Interactive One/Radio One:
Interactive One (www.interactiveone.com) is powered by the mission to create an online community and rich content and digital products that engage, entertain and inspire the lives of Black Americans.
Interactive One is a wholly owned subsidiary of Radio One (www.radio-one.com), a publicly traded cross-platform media company that is the 5th largest terrestrial Radio company in the country and the controlling owner of TV One, the fastest growing network in cable television. Across all of its platforms, Radio One reaches over 80% of the African American audience in the U.S. every single month and generates over $400 million in advertising revenue annually. Similar to Univision, which targets the U.S. Hispanic audience, Radio One also is involved in original programming, research, events and franchises, and many other aspects of media targeted primarily at African Americans.
Interactive One, launched as a standalone entity in 2008, is responsible for creating all things digital at the company. Consumer offerings include the largest social networking site targeted at African Americans, BlackPlanet.com, and over 60 other sites in categories such as news, local, music, entertainment and religion. Since its launch, Interactive One has quickly become the #1 online platform for the Black American community, serving more than 9 million users monthly or about 40% of the addressable market.
The Company has over 80 employees based in New York City and has enjoyed rapid growth over the last 2 years. Current revenue is expected to exceed $20 million in 2012.
Posted 4 years ago
Browse Program Lead jobs in New York, New York: