Document Handling Specialist (Legal)
The primary goal of the Document Handling Specialist (DHS) is to provide the highest quality document handling support to law firms and legal intensive businesses. DHS services include legal document editing, creation, stripping/cleaning/formatting, conversion, troubleshooting, and the repair of corruption. DHS services may also include data entry as assigned as well as PowerPoint design and excel-focused projects. The DHS provides these remote document handling and administrative services to law firm timekeepers in a relaxed call center environment.Description of team member duties:
- Serve as the initial contact for legal document and administrative issues and a point of “Level 2” escalation from the technical service desk.
- Excellent Attendance and Dependability.
- Effectively communicate with requesters in a clear, positive, and professional manner (in accordance with Intelliteach script, spelling, grammatical, and related guidelines);
- Accurately diagnose client document issues; gather the necessary information; and perform standard, preliminary research using all relevant available resources;
- Effectively implement the steps found in available resources by following the instructions and using a variety of remote access, user admin, and related tools;
- Clearly and thoroughly document requests for assistance in our ticket management system, and track incidents through to resolution/escalation (per client guidelines);
- After implementing available resources, alert Team Leads for all matters that are yet unresolved during the first fifteen minutes of the initial call (for further research, coaching, take-over, follow-up, or escalation);
- Keep up-to-date with scheduled training (KB articles, ticket review, Internet and classroom training, etc.), make use of downtime for additional review, and communicate any requests for further training.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience desired of new team members:
- Strong computing skills and law firm experience are REQUIRED.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Professional, accountable, and resourceful “team player” mindset.
- Organized, self-motivated and able to work without close supervision;
- Positive and proactive approach to problem-handling and resolution;
- Keen ability to learn, retain, and use available information and technology;
- Strong customer service focus, with the ability to work professionally in a call-center environment (remaining calm and professional with difficult and/or technically-inexperienced requesters).