HW Signal Integrity Engineer
Santa Clara, Full time
This an exciting opportunity within Intel in the Platform Development Group that is involved in innovation and new product development.
This SI/HW engineer applies a working knowledge of transmission line theory and electromagnetic principals to ensure platform level timing and signal quality requirements are met. The candidate must be a self-directed and motivated engineer with both simulation and practical skills.
In this position, your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Performing signal integrity, power delivery, and timing analyses of high speed interfaces and power delivery networks.
- Creating and executing signal integrity simulation plans including silicon I/O buffer, package, board/platform designs.
- Perform laboratory measurements and correlation to simulation predictions
- Generate and maintain simulation decks and models. The models include package, via, trace, cable, connector, etc.
- Solve signal integrity problems and provide solutions and trade-offs
- Apply best known methods (BKMs) for both EMI and ESD
- Improving signal integrity analysis method and efficiency
- Working closely with silicon design and validation teams on signal integrity validation and correlation
- Write documentation to summarize results and recommendations
- Collaboratively design hardware platforms directly with both Board and System Engineers
Minimum educational qualifications would be a Bachelors of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent. Preferred would be a Master's of Science degree in Electrical Engineering.
Minimum 4 years experience in the following:
- Proven knowledge in hardware design, the use of simulation and modeling tools such as HSPICE*, HFSS*, Power SI* and PCB SI* to develop signal and power integrity design recommendations.
- Practical experience using high-speed test equipment, including VNAs, TDRs, and oscilloscopes to correlate simulation analysis results and predictions to actual system performance.
- Experience in the electrical analysis and design of high-speed interconnects for technology interfaces such as DDR3, SATA, HDMI, PCI-e and USB.
- Understanding of package, PCB, and platform design processes.
To qualify -
You must have 4-5 yrs hands on experience as a HW Engineer with SI expeirence.
If suitable -
Please respond with a current copy of your resume, brief cover letter or summary of skills and expeirence, your availability and contact info. to email@example.com
No solicitations, third parties or out of country applicants. US Candidates only!
About Intel Corporation:
Intel Architecture Group (IAG) delivers innovative platforms across computing and communication segments including data centers, mobile and desktop personal computers, handhelds, embedded devices and consumer electronics. Come work with Intel IAG!