Our client is seeking a technically strong Technical Sales Engineer with excellent personal interaction skills to support inside and outside Sales team and engineers at their OEM customer companies, and to work directly international distributors and catalog end-user customers.
Please visit Simply Hired.com for more details and other Innovative positions. Indeed is no longer carry ours and many other companies job postings so check out Simply hired for a more thorough listing of jobs in NYS.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engineer OEM opportunities in support of the OEM Sales team including: understanding customer applications, development and clarification of technical requirements and specifications, cost analysis, and quotation generation.
- Provide technical support on all products, technology, and optical applications to end-user customers, domestic and international distributors, and the OEM Sales team.
- Engineer “semi-custom” product opportunities for end-user customers and distributors.
- Manage the status of OEM quotations
- Assist the Application Engineers
- Gather, organize and communicate market information obtained from technical support interactions to the Marketing and Product Development teams.
- Update current and develop new Inside Sales documents to maintain procedural compliance with industry standards.
- Work with the Field Sales Team to update quote information as needed. Use this information to generate accurate weekly forecast reports.
- Act as the main contact for End User inquiries regarding catalog products.
- Use MRP system to generate custom-catalog part drawings for OEM customers.
- Produce costing analysis for high-volume catalog opportunities using internal costing tools.
Skills and Characteristics:
- Excellent personal interaction skills.
- Analytical thinker with ability to solve problems quickly and accurately.
- Detail-oriented person willing to perform to high standards, driven to get the job done, and who has an outgoing personality.
- Quick learner, especially by knowing how to ask good questions and assimilate the answers.
- Capable writer with ability to organize and interpret data and present the results in a clear, concise, and complete way.
- Ability to multi-task with exceptional time management skills.
- Organized and comfortable in a fast-paced small-company environment.
- Strong computer proficiency is a must.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant engineering or science field; formal optics training preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of optical imaging systems is a must and any knowledge of fluorescence, microscopy, spectroscopy, lasers, and optical detectors is a plus.
About Innovative Recruiting Solutions, Inc:
Innovative Recruiting Solutions, launched in 2010, is one of Western and Central New York's fastest growing Technical and Professional Staffing Firms with 25 years of recruiting and placement expertise. We are in the business of assisting people find solid opportunities and assisting companies find exceptional talent. Making good matches, bringing people together, helping people advance their careers is our only business. Our core values exemplify who we are. Our relationships are built on Integrity, Honesty and Trust. For us, it's all about building those relationships and creating value, value to our clients, value to our employees and value to our community. We offer best in class placement services, resume review and optimization, confidential employment and career evaluation, all in strict confidence.
We look forward to assisting you in your job search today.
Please visit Simply Hired.com for more details and other Innovative positions. Indeed is no longer carrying ours... and many other companies job postings so please check out Simply hired for a more thorough listing of jobs in the area.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, handicap, disability or marital status. We reasonably accommodate
individuals with handicaps, disabilities and bona fide religious beliefs.