This is a great Direct Hire opportunity for a JR. Manufacturing (Process) Engineer to work for a growing cutting edge technology company. Supporting the Sr. Manufacturing Process Engineer, Work in the capacity of a Process Floor Engineer and Quality Control Manufacturing Engineer combined. This Engineer will be involved in many aspects at this growing “high technology” company and will make huge contributions by improving and implementing new processes to their current production line. Will develop and assist with the implementation of these new processes, write instructions, design and document control, finalize the process, prove capabilities; create update bills of materials, and play a part in quality control by receiving and inspecting incoming components.
Our client is in search of a task oriented individual who likes getting into the details, must be very organized, can update drawings in Solid works, design fixtures to improve the manufacturing process, come up with concepts to improve manufacturing, qualify the tooling and process capabilities through measurement and statistical analysis, will determine and implement new quality and manufacturing processes to better mfg and the work flow. Provide solutions, execute these solutions, document data and improve documentation control. Will ensure quality standards are being met.
Develops and implements optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards.
Develop manufacturing process as a function of new and existing product development. Evaluate and certify prospective vendors for key manufacturing items. Coordinates manufacturing launch for new or revised products.
Will be part of a team of Engineers to design and develop assembly tooling and fixtures using SolidWorks.
Manages documentation control activities and engineering change orders, bills of materials and all other documentation in MRP system.
Develops assembly drawings while working closely with design engineering team, making red line changes etc.
Qualify tooling and process capabilities through measurement and statistical analysis.
Provide support for evaluating new vendors for supply chain management.
Perform Quality control functions on process and incoming material and applies statistical analysis techniques on data
Prepares and maintains detailed layouts of buildings and equipment.
Develop, define, document and present processes to assemblers
Performs product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement, and improved efficiency.
Experience and/or Education to be considered:
- Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing, Electrical, Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in the manufacturing of assembly and precision components.
- Familiar with micron level precision assembly and measurement would be a real plus.
- Knowledge of conventional machining practice, CAD/CAM
- Ability to use optical gaging measuring system, specifically Optical Gaging Products Smart Scope
- Quality control techniques
- Six Sigma yellow belt a plus
- 5S Techniques – Visual workplace a plus
- Knowledge of Product and Process development a must
- Quality orientation and attention to detail.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- High performance teams and a strong team player.
- Computer assisted design (CAD) SolidWorks
- Computer proficiency
Compensation based on experience and qualifications.
Great benefits also offered not to mention an exciting career in this growing industry.