This Mechanical Maintenance Mechanic is a C shift opportunity at one of our growing clients in Rochester.
The Maintenance mechanic will be required to set-up and maintain Production Equipment to ensure production lines are running efficiently and in accordance to the production Schedule. Keeping all work areas and equipment within Safety and AIB Standards and clean at all times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities, include but not limited to:
- Ensure earplugs, safety glasses, hairnets, bump caps, and appropriate gloves are properly worn at all times.
- Must communicate in a professional manner at all times. Crossover with previous shift’s maintenance employees and Production Managers to review the schedule to learn what is currently running, needs repair and plan product changeovers. Communicate constantly with the machine operators and Production Managers to ensure all machine problems are addressed and set-ups can be planned in advance.
- Equipment Set-Ups & Change Overs- Obtain set-up parts in advance of line shut-down and inspect for damage, missing components and cleanliness. Perform the tear-downs and set-ups in accordance to the Team Leaders, Production Manager and the Production Schedule. Set-up the lines for container size, cap and product specifications. Work with the operators during the set-up to ensure everything is correct. Pre-Test equipment by running containers filled with water through the system. Make all adjustments required to ensure proper function. Communicate with Electricians and Sanitation. Assist other Mechanics as required. Perform Lock-out Tag-Out as required, by direction of HECPS.
- Line Calls- listen for equipment breakdowns and respond in a timely manner. Communicate with the Operators and Production Managers in order to trouble shoot, repair or make adjustments to the equipment. May include modifying equipment. Obtain spare parts and/or tools from the parts room as required. Monitor all repairs or adjustments made to ensure the equipment is working correctly. Ensure the equipment is repaired in a timely manner to keep the lines running to schedule. Discuss equipment and spare part issues with the PM Manager as required. Ensure all guards are in place. Fabricate parts as required.
- Will perform equipment tear downs-tear down the equipment to prepare for CIP (Clean in Place) or product/line changeovers. Ensure equipment is inspected for defects and placed in proper storage areas for cleaning. Notify Sanitation that cleaning is required.
- Preventative Maintenance- The PM Manager assigns PMs daily. Follow the PM order and it’s attachments. Communicate with the Production Manager to perform the PM when the equipment is available. Perform the PM in a timely manner. Give the Parts Room employee the PM work order number to issue parts. Safety improvements.
- satisfy all PMs by calling up work orders and entering data. Input all hours spent on different jobs.
- Shut-down maintenance work required. Sometimes requires monitoring and tweaking machines as they run for improvements.
Required Skills and Experience:
· GED or High School Diploma. Lock-Out Tag-Out Authorized and HECP Training.
- Ability to work with numbers, perform calculations, mechanically inclined.
- Ability to work independently, with limited supervision.
- Communication Skills- must work closely with all management and production operators.
Equipment and Tools Used:
- Forklift, Manlift, Powertools, Welder, Braising, Grinders, Various Hand Tools, Panelview Controls, Various Production Machines and conveyors. Various Kitchen Equipment and pumps, Lock-Out Tag-Out Equipment and HECPS.
- Conditions mandate that personal safety equipment must be worn for welding and other equipment use
- Computer and Printer.
- Constantly lifting< 50lbs and carrying objects < 10 lbs. Pushing objects and pulling objects < 50lbs.
- Constant climbing of stairs or ladders, bending or stooping. Constant standing for extended periods of time and moving about on foot.
- Constant use of finger dexterity and reaching and grasping.
Hours are 10:30 pm to 6:30 am, M-F with overtime hours available. Must be willing to train on days.
This company offers excellent benefits to include annual bonus based on profits.
About Innovative Recruiting Solutions, Inc:
Innovative Recruiting Solutions, launched in 2010, is one of Western and Central New York's fastest growing Technical and Professional Staffing Firms with 25 years of recruiting and placement expertise. We are in the business of assisting people find solid opportunities and assisting companies find exceptional talent. Making good matches, bringing people together, helping people advance their careers is our only business. Our core values exemplify who we are. Our relationships are built on Integrity, Honesty and Trust. For us, it's all about building those relationships and creating value, value to our clients, value to our employees and value to our community. We offer best in class placement services, resume review and optimization, confidential employment and career evaluation, all in strict confidence.
We look forward to assisting you in your job search today.
Please visit Simply Hired.com for more details and other Innovative positions. Indeed is no longer carrying ours... and many other companies job postings so please check out Simply hired for a more thorough listing of jobs in the area.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, handicap, disability or marital status. We reasonably accommodate
individuals with handicaps, disabilities and bona fide religious beliefs.