Our client, a division of a fortune 150 company, is seeking an IT Business Analyst to solve their Business Challenges. This Analyst will be the premier source of IT expertise within the organization.
Seeking and energetic motivated IT Business Analyst/Project Manager to support internal customer requests, meeting business objectives to produce software requirements to automate and enhance our business processes.
Must have a Minimum of 2 to 4 years’ experience as a Business Analyst (BA) for software development preferably at a high technology company.
An ideal candidate would be someone whose expertise is on the business side and learned IT. Will work closely with Sft. Developer and bring business knowledge to IT projects.
IT Business Analyst/Project Manager is the liaison between the customers and the software development team. They will be the Sr. problem solver and will collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
Strong analytical and project management skills are required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
The primary responsibility is to translate business needs into specific software requirements ready for design and coding by software engineers.
A secondary responsibility is project expediting and team based project management using Agile project management methodologies and tools.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability and initiative to independently and proactively communicate and collaborate with diverse internal customers to elicit requirements for software development projects.
- Understanding of how to use interviews, document analysis, team meetings, business process descriptions, diagrams, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis as appropriate to gather and refine requirements.
- Ability to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Organizational skills to successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Minimum 2 + years’ experience as a Business Analyst (BA) for software development.
- Understanding of Agile Project Management methodologies, preferably SCRUM or KANBAN.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business, scientific, technology, or engineering discipline.
- Basic familiarity with software development, through course work or work experience.
Ideal Requirements we seek: Candidates should have 3 or more of the qualifications to be considered.
- Experience with Agile Project Management tools.
- Experience in a manufacturing business, especially an Optics related business.
- Basic familiarity with Microsoft software development platforms, especially ASP.Net, C#, and SQL Server along with Office applications, Visio, and SharePoint.
- Understanding of or experience with Software Configuration Management (SCM).
Offering excellent compensation, top notch benefits, to include bonuses, and a truly amazing work environment.
Pay will be based on qualifications and experience.