A top 100 company in Rochester, New York specializing in automation is seeking a hands-on Electrical Controls Engineer. The primary focus of this role is design and programming of controls systems for new and existing automated manufacturing equipment. Responsibilities also include system startup, debugging, qualification and technical support at customer sites. Applicants must be highly motivated, self-managed, and have the ability to work independently as well as in performance driven team environments on multiple projects. This is an excellent career opportunity with the potential for growth.
This position requires proficiency in developing control systems for automated electromechanical systems from concept through full implementation. A thorough understanding of integrated electrical, electronic, pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical systems, as well as related manufacturing processes is essential. Proficiency in system debugging and resolving interrelated electrical and mechanical issues is also essential. Occasional travel is required.
- Collaborate with customers and internal departments to develop concepts that meet customer and business requirements.
- Develop detailed plans and specifications to meet all technical requirements and schedules.
- Select control components and develop detailed Bills of Material.
- Develop and draw electrical schematics, wiring diagrams and panel layouts.
- Program all applicable control components.
- Provide guidance to technical personnel and support other engineering departments as needed.
- Lead startup and debugging of completed systems. Resolve controls issues and work with other departments to resolve other issues as needed to meet system requirements.
- Perform final preparations, testing and qualification of equipment prior to customer delivery.
- Develop and assemble all needed documentation including operating instructions, troubleshooting procedures, spare parts lists, drawings, programs, technical information, etc.
- Assist with startup, training and technical support at customer sites.
- Perform other tasks and activities as needed.
Four year degree in electrical or electro-mechanical engineering preferred. Other education with applicable experience may also be considered.
5 – 10 years as an electrical controls engineer in an automated equipment environment. Applicable cooperative education experience may be considered.
- Strong application skills with comprehensive knowledge of current automation components and technologies.
- Strong electrical skills. Proficiency with 480 or 208 volt three phase, 120 VAC, and 24VDC control and power systems.
- Strong programming skills. Proficiency in writing and debugging PLC, HMI, Servo, Robot, Vision, and other applicable programs. Siemens and Denso experience a plus.
- Proficiency with networking communications such as Ethernet/IP, Device-Net, ProfiBus, etc.
- Good technical writing and documentation skills.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel and CAD. AutoCad preferred.
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills.
- Must have good communication, customer service and conflict management skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment & handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Ability and willingness to travel occasionally.
About Innovative Recruiting Solutions, Inc:
Innovative Recruiting Solutions, launched in 2010, is one of Western and Central New York's fastest growing Technical and Professional Staffing Firms with 25 years of recruiting and placement expertise. We are in the business of assisting people find solid opportunities and assisting companies find exceptional talent. Making good matches, bringing people together, helping people advance their careers is our only business. Our core values exemplify who we are. Our relationships are built on Integrity, Honesty and Trust. For us, it's all about building those relationships and creating value, value to our clients, value to our employees and value to our community. We offer best in class placement services, resume review and optimization, confidential employment and career evaluation, all in strict confidence.
We look forward to assisting you in your job search today.
Please visit Simply Hired.com for more details and other Innovative positions. Indeed is no longer carrying ours... and many other companies job postings so please check out Simply hired for a more thorough listing of jobs in the area.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, handicap, disability or marital status. We reasonably accommodate individuals with handicaps, disabilities and bona fide religious beliefs.